Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What lockers for rear in 4 door

Old 08-24-2009, 10:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 0311sgt
Hell if we all thout like you then we would have helmets and hans devices a complete triangulated roll cage fire suppression system rear wheel steering.....etc etc etc .
Wait a minute, are you telling me that not everyone here has helmets, hans devices, triangulated roll cages, fire suppression systems, and rear steering? You have got to me shitting me.....

are they not essential of "real rig ridin"? all the pros have them? so you get a grip. come on over and play. i will follow you down any trail you pick and put my money where my lockers aren't. good day sir.
So your telling me that a jeep without lockers will go anywhere a jeep with lockers will go? Am i the only one that finds this preposterous?

Originally Posted by Littlejon
The lockers are needed on any obstacle where you have tires lifted off the ground. I have seen people without lockers get through areas with tires lifted, but the only way to do that is with momentum and speed, both of which break things, and get you off line quickly. Also lockers will allow you to take some more difficult lines than an unlocked vehicle. I have done many obstacles both locked, and the same unlocked, and there is a huge difference in the lines you can take, and the finesse you can use since you don't need the momentum to get you through.

As far as the lockers go the best one for reliability purposes is the Detroit, but it will be noticeable in daily driving. If you want the best one that will have no effect onhow your vehicle handles as a daily driver then go with an ARB.
Ive seen people without lockers get over obstacles using the brakes in conjunction with the skinny pedal. This technique works a little, but nowhere near as well as lockers.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:16 AM
JK Freak

ok so how about we both run 40s and ill have an arb and u have an open diff and we will see who blows up their spider gears. a locker is better then a traction aid. it is an investment in trying to make an axle more bullet proof. when i had two tires in the air i would have loved a locker......

what i think this guy is saying is stay off the big kid trails........
Old 08-24-2009, 11:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by greenmachine07
ok so how about we both run 40s and ill have an arb and u have an open diff and we will see who blows up their spider gears. a locker is better then a traction aid. it is an investment in trying to make an axle more bullet proof. when i had two tires in the air i would have loved a locker......

what i think this guy is saying is stay off the big kid trails........
actually i take my my 98 TJ 4 cyl on 2 inches oft and 32 inch tires on the BIG KID TRAILS wit hall the guys running 37's, and my wife drives the JK on 3 inches and 35's and so far i have done EVERYTHING they have. Like i said, I dont work monday or tuesday, come on over to Rausch Creek Pa, and i will follow you onto ANY trial you choose, in either Jeep, TJ or JK, If i cant, you can drive it home. But if i do, i get yours. Wanna wheel for pinks?
Old 08-24-2009, 11:36 AM
JK Freak

actually i take my my 98 TJ 4 cyl on 2 inches oft and 32 inch tires on the BIG KID TRAILS wit hall the guys running 37's, and my wife drives the JK on 3 inches and 35's and so far i have done EVERYTHING they have. Like i said, I dont work monday or tuesday, come on over to Rausch Creek Pa, and i will follow you onto ANY trial you choose, in either Jeep, TJ or JK, If i cant, you can drive it home. But if i do, i get yours. Wanna wheel for pinks?
wheel for pinks....thats a new one on me. i dont gamble, had problems with that before i will be at the JKFEST. perhaps we can settle this then

qucik question though have u ever driven a vehicle with a locker. not BLD or LSD an actual locker
Old 08-24-2009, 11:38 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll take my little girl's broke down electric Barbie jeep with 8in tires ( only 3) and show yall what a real jeeper can make it through.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mkjeep
I'll take my little girl's broke down electric Barbie jeep with 8in tires ( only 3) and show yall what a real jeeper can make it through.
Does it have lockers?

corey d
Old 08-24-2009, 11:48 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by STUPIDFACE
Does it have lockers?

corey d
Single wheel locker, badass too!
Old 08-24-2009, 12:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Single wheel locker, badass too!
Depending on what wheel is locked, i dont think you could follow me.

corey d
Old 08-24-2009, 12:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

So you're saying you and your unlocked TJ on 32's can follow the exact same line as a locked TJ / JK on 37's, on any obstacle, without stacking rocks, on any trail?
Old 08-24-2009, 12:36 PM
JK Super Freak

I bet the barbie jeep with the one locked wheel couldnt make it up this....

corey d

Quick Reply: What lockers for rear in 4 door