Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What lift will you recommend me to get? (if any?)

Old 04-29-2011, 03:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000Z3M
here is my jeep with a TF 2.5" coil w/ shocks on 33s. I have a front bumper and winch on it

I'd like to know where the mount for the AR is on your jeep?
Old 04-29-2011, 06:47 PM
JK Newbie

im installing a 3inch zone lift kit and going with 33'' mickey thompson mtz on pro comp 7089 on 1 6 ''rims. i like the look of having some wheel space as too, having all tire too good luck but everyone here is giving great ideas
Old 04-29-2011, 10:03 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Classified.Spirit
Thanks!
Do you have any pics of the Rough Country 2.5" on your stock 32"?
Please?
My new : Rough Country 2.5" Performance Coil Lift kit , Also added RC Adj. Front Trac Bar, RC Rear Trac Bar Bracket, RC Performance Steering Stbilizer . Ride's better than stock. I am pleased the way it turned out.

Older pic before Lift.

Last edited by Shadow's_Jeep; 04-29-2011 at 10:05 PM.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:10 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldnt want to sit more than 2 inches higher with rubi 32's. It just doesnt look right. A 2.5 budget boost would be ideal because it will sit around 2 inches higher than stock when you have the weight of the bumpers. The down side is its not the smoothest ride and you wont have the best possible off road performance. The Teraflex 2.5 coil kit performs incredibly and has a smooth ride, but sits around 3.25 inches high which is way too much for stock tires.

My advice would be to go with a Rough Country 2.5 coil kit. It has everything you need in it and will have about 2 inches of lift with bumpers, and full offroad articulation. It is also priced right and will leave enough room when you move up to 33's.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:03 AM
JK Freak

This is the before & after on my lift with bumper & whinch . Front Before 35-1/4" After 38-1/2" , Rear Before 36-1/4" After 38" . Tire's are 255/75/R17.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default TF 1.5" Performance leveling kit

Originally Posted by JulianK
I'm in the same boat you are. I'm going with the TF Performance leveling kit and a set of Spidertrax spacers

That won't make the 32's look too small and the fact that it's a spring kit allows to install a 1" spacer to allow for weight sag.

Just one option.
I also lean to get the TF 1.5" Performance leveling kit, Look promising...
I wish I could see more pics of it installed...

All I could found was this,

On 32" Blue Stock Unlimited Rubi, Just like mine! (Before and after):

On 33" Stock Unlimited Sahara + STEEL BUMPER (Before):

On 33" Stock Unlimited Sahara + STEEL BUMPER (After):

Last edited by Classified.Spirit; 05-02-2011 at 08:34 AM.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

TF 1.5" Performance leveling kit, Thanks to "gpwpat":
Originally Posted by gpwpat
I just installed mine. Just under 40 min. I didn't even have to take the tires off. Just the shock bolts, and sway bar bolts and jack it up one side at a time on the frame with a jack and the springs fall right out. saved alot of time not taking the tires off. from ground to under the front fender I am at 38" in the front and 37" in the rear. I am on stock rubicon tires. it looks level and looks alot better. This is the ride height jeep should have delivered stock. And maybe they did I can't rember. But I got alot of sag after installing the bumpers. should sit perfectly level after I get a winch. Good kit for entry level while I save up for tires and a real lift.

here are some pictures after.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

I really like my BDS 3" lift with upgraded 9500 Series Shocks. Ask yourself do you want larger tires for looks or do you want an upgraded suspension that will fit larger tires? A coil lift or body spacer will allow for larger tires but does not improove your supension ride.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00398-20110502-1244.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	156159  
Old 05-02-2011, 10:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by emoody007
I really like my BDS 3" lift with upgraded 9500 Series Shocks. Ask yourself do you want larger tires for looks or do you want an upgraded suspension that will fit larger tires? A coil lift or body spacer will allow for larger tires but does not improove your supension ride.
The suspension ride is more important then anything.
I like the 32" wheels, but I want a real front bumper that is not made of plastic, and get a winch.
So I am in the market for a small real lift (coil) to level the front and get just a touch of a lift 1.5"-2" at the same time.
(and maybe one day get 33", we will see a about that).

I think that I will go with the TF 1.5" Performance (coil) leveling kit.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Classified.Spirit
The suspension ride is more important then anything.
I like the 32" wheels, but I want a real front bumper that is not made of plastic, and get a winch.
So I am in the market for a small real lift (coil) to level the front and get just a touch of a lift 1.5"-2" at the same time.
(and maybe one day get 33", we will see a about that).

I think that I will go with the TF 1.5" Performance (coil) leveling kit.
TF makes a good product. Double check to make sure that the coil is a progressive coil and you're gonna want new shocks if the kit doesn't come with any. I don't know what your budget is but I've several vehicles with different lifts and I like my BDS better than any of them. The BDS 3" is about $750 with progressive coils and comes with Sway bar disconnects for more trail flex. It comes with shocks but the upgraded 9500 series is a better ride combo between shocks and coils. Anyway, I sound like a commercial for BDS, but I really like most of their stuff. Here's a pic of the 3" kit.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	jk_462H.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	156166  

Quick Reply: What lift will you recommend me to get? (if any?)