Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

what lift with stock rubi tires?

Old 07-15-2011, 06:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what lift with stock rubi tires?

so I've been reading and bouncing around from thread to thread and it seems the majority of people will go with an aftermarket tire and wheel combo with a lift. I just got brand new rubi tires on my sahara so it would be awhile before I got new tires. I was looking in the direction of the rough country 2.5" with the shocks. Would this kit be okay with my stock tires? Should I get wheel spacers for the stock tires? And how would it ride compared to the stock ride? Thanks for the help.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

any help on the lift?
Old 07-16-2011, 06:53 AM
blw
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I put rubi tires/wheels on my 2 door sport, and got the mopar dealer-installed 2" lift. Ride is quite a bit stiffer! But it looks soooo much better, and really helps keep the center of the jeep from scraping offroad. I was thinking of going to 33" tires but may stick with these. And no spacers needed of course.
Old 07-16-2011, 07:30 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by eastcoasting32
any help on the lift?
You can certainly put the lift on. The Rubicon tires will be fine with no spacers. As for the ride, it's going to ride like a lifted jeep. A bit rougher/more solid usually and comfort will depend on the shock dampening. But no problems should be anticipated. The Rubicon tires are a pretty good off road tire, have fun.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:34 AM
JK Super Freak

I did a TF 2.5" lift with shocks and coils. I think it rides great! on & off road.
there is a thread somewhere on here that will show you alot of Jeeps with stock tires and 2.5" lift... I have no plans on spending money on tires until my tires need replaced... and then I'm going to 33's

I also put 1" spacer in the front due to the weight of the added bumper/winch.... etc.. but I had to take them out because it was to much and I would of had to do more mods to make them work.. plus I didn't have spacers for the rear... the colis are for a 4dr and that could have played a part...
I am very pleased with the TF Lift....

Last edited by JK-jeepit; 07-16-2011 at 11:38 AM.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got 285/70R17 (33") tires on aftermarket wheels. The pic here is stock suspension, getting ready to do a 3" OME LT lift next weekend. I'm planning on running my current 33" tires until they are gone, then I'm going to 35's too.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo158.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	182465   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep2.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	182466  

Last edited by single; 07-16-2011 at 11:43 AM.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:32 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Going to run my rubi tires and wheels with my TF 2.5 lift until the tires are worn down or my wife is worn down (hearing me talk about the 35's).
Old 07-16-2011, 12:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scooby snacks
Going to run my rubi tires and wheels with my TF 2.5 lift until the tires are worn down or my wife is worn down (hearing me talk about the 35's).
Lol, let us know what get worn down first
Old 07-16-2011, 01:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-jeepit
I did a TF 2.5" lift with shocks and coils. I think it rides great! on & off road.
there is a thread somewhere on here that will show you alot of Jeeps with stock tires and 2.5" lift... I have no plans on spending money on tires until my tires need replaced... and then I'm going to 33's

I also put 1" spacer in the front due to the weight of the added bumper/winch.... etc.. but I had to take them out because it was to much and I would of had to do more mods to make them work.. plus I didn't have spacers for the rear... the colis are for a 4dr and that could have played a part...
I am very pleased with the TF Lift....

That's the look I'm going for, now I just have to decide on which 2.5".
Old 07-16-2011, 02:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

RC shocks are a little stiff. Check OME lift. I have light duty springs and nitrocharger shocks and ride is much better than stock.

Quick Reply: what lift with stock rubi tires?