Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What lift kit is this?

Old 07-04-2012, 12:47 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ZSTi
Tires are Mickey Thompson 315-70-17.
at most it might have a 4" lift then.

Originally Posted by ZSTi
I guess that's okay as I would prefer to do a full long arm kit eventually. The thing I was worried about is I know once you go 4" or higher you need to change out drive shafts and do other supporting mods. I was worried it was lifted super high with nothing else done and I'd run into other issues with it.
oh, you do need to change out at least the front shaft with anything over 2.5" of lift especially being that this is an auto.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:13 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe he added the 3" in the back to the 3" in the front to get 6"? Looking at where the top of the front rim matches the fender and front bumper it looks like a 3". I agree that I would find it hard to waste my time considering a modified jeep that the owner has either no clue about or is lying about.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:01 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This looks identical to the lift installed on my also recently purchased JK and it's a 4" Tuff country. Previous owner bought it from the dealer lifted. And yes indeed it rides like crap, still saving up for the Evo coilovers. Anyways the tuff country utilizes the stock control arms. Only thing aftermarket i can tell is the springs, shocks, and swaybar quick disconnects. Hope this helps.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ResizedImage_1339726898152.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	337497

Quick Reply: What lift kit is this?