Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What kind of thread locker to use on suspension components?

Old 05-04-2013, 12:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default What kind of thread locker to use on suspension components?

Hey guys, not sure where this should go, since I have a 3.5" lift, but factory bolts really.. anyway, right now I don't have any thread lock on my bolts, and a lot of the suspension rattles loose after a day or two on the trails. This makes driving home really interesting unless I torque everything down before I leave.

What would you suggest I use? I've got a bottle of the blue loctite, but I'm wondering if I should bump it up to the red loctite for a more permanent lock.

Any suggestions?
Old 05-04-2013, 12:16 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

If properly torqued then blue should be fine. Nice thing about blue is it makes it easier to remove the nuts/bolts down the road as well as it also acts as an anti-sieze so you get two for the price of one.

Quick Reply: What kind of thread locker to use on suspension components?