Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What kind of grease fitting is this?

Old 03-02-2011, 12:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflife
like this...

you can find it on amazon - part #LNI 83278
Yes like that, allows you to put more grease pressure to the fitting.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:12 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Came across this thread when I was recently trying to figure out how to grease this kind of fitting for the first time. After reading the thread, I ran down to my local hardware store to find an adapter for my grease gun. The guy at the hardware store showed my where to find them, but then he suggested it might be easier to use a chainsaw grease gun instead - they're designed to grease the sprocket on the end of the chainsaw bar.

I picked up a disposable one like this Click image for larger version

Name:	grease_gun_main.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	174806 - it comes preloaded with grease. You can also get a refillable metal one like this Name:  st705830.jpg
Views: 3589
Size:  1.3 KB. When pumping the grease, you are pushing directly down onto the fitting, therefore no problems trying to get the tip to seal into the fitting well. This thing worked perfectly - I'd highly recommend one of these guns for this type of fitting! Available all over the place online if you google chainsaw grease guns, or go look in the chainsaw accessories section at your local hardware store.

Quick Reply: What kind of grease fitting is this?