Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What height bump stops for 285/75R17 and trimmed fenders?

Old 11-16-2016, 10:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What height bump stops for 285/75R17 and trimmed fenders?

What size bump stop spacers are required for 285/75R17 (34") tires and trimmed fenders? I'm thinking I'll probably be able to get away with a bump stop spacer very small like 1/2" to get the maximum possible up-travel without rubbing? Shock travel is not an issue because I'll be using 11.5" travel shocks and modifying the upper mounts to get whatever up-travel I need.

I would measure but I want to order wheels, tires and suspension all together immediately after I buy the vehicle. I understand that there are variables such as wheel backspacing but just looking for roughly how much useable up-travel to expect.

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-17-2016, 07:22 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

I have no additional bumpstop with my tires of that size, chopped flares, and 2.5" rk coils.
Old 11-17-2016, 07:31 AM
Super Moderator

Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by bradsm87
What size bump stop spacers are required for 285/75R17 (34") tires and trimmed fenders? I'm thinking I'll probably be able to get away with a bump stop spacer very small like 1/2" to get the maximum possible up-travel without rubbing? Shock travel is not an issue because I'll be using 11.5" travel shocks and modifying the upper mounts to get whatever up-travel I need.

I would measure but I want to order wheels, tires and suspension all together immediately after I buy the vehicle. I understand that there are variables such as wheel backspacing but just looking for roughly how much useable up-travel to expect.

Thanks in advance!
Since you're modifying the upper shock mounts you're better off measuring for bumpstop properly rather than guessing. It's not like adding bumpstop is difficult after you've already done the other work.

Quick Reply: What height bump stops for 285/75R17 and trimmed fenders?