Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What have I done wrong???

Old 12-09-2011, 01:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by planman
Regarding the shocks, how much droop do you have before they top out?

Regarding the links, are both the front and rear links long enough so that the swaybar is above parallel (this is what you want)?

You may just end up deciding to pull off the leveling kit because with only the OME springs and maybe a 0.5" front coil spacer, you won't need the steering correction.

The flightiness you have experienced is due primarily to low caster from running too tall of a lift on stock front lower arms.

The wobble is contributed to by the combination of the E rated tires with too much psi combined with the low caster.

If the new control arms, the front adjustable trackbar, and lower tire psi to not fix it, then you should consider going through the inspection checklist.

It could be from your ball joints, your drag link end(s), if you left the lug retainer clips on when you upgraded wheels, your control arm or trackbar bushings, etc.
Thanks again... that was my plan...install the items this weekend, drop the psi...and give that a shot....if that fails...remove one of the spacers from the front and rear (will still be level) and see how that goes...and if all this fails...it looks like there might be a drag link flip kit in my near future...
Old 12-09-2011, 02:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck getting this resolved!!!
Old 12-10-2011, 05:16 PM
JK Freak

well all went well and the jeep drives like I just drove off the lot!!!! whooohoooo!!!

thanks to all for the advice ...especially plan man and his death wobble write up... for helping me get my baby back in line!!!!
Old 12-10-2011, 05:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have 35 E rated nitto mud grapplers and run them at 40psi for the street. My ride is very smooth and handles I think as good as stock. However I also run a 4.5" clayton offroad lift with bilsteins and front and rear adjustable track bars and a high steer kit. The high steer kit I didnt need. It was smooth before it. However I wanted it for peace of mind. I also have my caster dialed in just right which gives me the happy medium to minimize flight and vibration. So my point is to get rid of the leveling kit and just spend the money and get a good lift kit. If you go that route it will save you money in the long run. Instead of piecing it together. Do it right the first time. Anyway, whatever you do, goodluck with your issues.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:45 PM
JK Newbie

what psi did u end up running?
Old 12-10-2011, 06:09 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by GSE Nick
what psi did u end up running?
going with 25 right now ..... seems to ride well... mpg might suffer a bit but oh well
Old 12-10-2011, 06:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

You shouldnt have to run that low. Like I said I run E rated at 40psi and no issues. They actually wear good at that psi. I was running 36psi but I upped it to 40 for gas. My wear is even. and ride is smooth.
Old 12-10-2011, 06:35 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Rubicon10
You shouldnt have to run that low. Like I said I run E rated at 40psi and no issues. They actually wear good at that psi. I was running 36psi but I upped it to 40 for gas. My wear is even. and ride is smooth.
now that I have the ride good... I am going to keep upping the pressure to see where the ride changes ... if at all..

thanks for the input... my mpg thank you!!

Quick Reply: What have I done wrong???