Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What happened to my mpg's

Old 01-06-2012, 01:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JRunner01
So it seems a tuner is not going to help me?

Did your procal also adjust for the gear and tire size new values... is this really the root of what is meant by a speedo recalibration?
The Procal adjusted for my gears and tire size so the speedo/odometer reads correctly.

I really wanted to try a tuner, but I have a 2011 and they haven't "cracked" the computer yet so there isn't a tuner available.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:36 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Puddingpants
The Procal adjusted for my gears and tire size so the speedo/odometer reads correctly.

I really wanted to try a tuner, but I have a 2011 and they haven't "cracked" the computer yet so there isn't a tuner available.
Ahh ok... so the procal is just adjusting the speedo but not "tuning" so your not getting the possible benefit of a tune, which may help mpgs further than just the speedo recalibration.

Am I on the right track?
Old 01-06-2012, 01:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JRunner01
Ahh ok... so the procal is just adjusting the speedo but not "tuning" so your not getting the possible benefit of a tune, which may help mpgs further than just the speedo recalibration.

Am I on the right track?
Yes you are. A tuner gives performance benefits by modifiying the fuel and ignition maps. The ProCal corrects the speedo/odometer, which is important to me since I have an automatic. If the computer wasn't corrected for the gears and tire size, the shift points of my transmission would be off.
Old 01-06-2012, 02:00 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Puddingpants
Yes you are. A tuner gives performance benefits by modifiying the fuel and ignition maps. The ProCal corrects the speedo/odometer, which is important to me since I have an automatic. If the computer wasn't corrected for the gears and tire size, the shift points of my transmission would be off.
Thanks...

So hopefully a tuner will help altogether as it will do right for the speedo, tranny shifts, and fuel ignition maps, thus all helping mpgs become more accurate (via the dash) and hopefully better in terms of actual fuel economy with more mpgs.

Quick Reply: What happened to my mpg's