Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What is a good CAI for your JK?

Old 01-26-2009, 02:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Me have AirRaid too.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the Airaid.

They came out with it first. Have a great mounting system, and looks awesome. The filter itself is larger than others I have seen
Old 01-26-2009, 03:23 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
Does it love you back?
So....which, what are you runnin?
Old 01-27-2009, 12:09 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by J 3 3 P
hey just put a flowmaster on my 2dr jk
and im looking for a good intake system to hopefully make it sound that much better
id apprecaite the help

.....Love my S&B intake ..............

Old 01-27-2009, 06:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Personally, save your money. There's a reason there are a ton of them for sale in the classifieds.....
Old 01-27-2009, 07:15 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Westbayou
Personally, save your money. There's a reason there are a ton of them for sale in the classifieds.....
So.... which intake do you run? Why a waste of money? Most of the west coast peeps don't have the same terrain as you! Enlighten me please!
Old 01-27-2009, 07:35 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ok I gotta ask do all of you with CAI totally avoid water/mud? I mean those things are begging to suck up water and hydro lock your engine. There have been people that have hydro locked with them and even with a stock air intake. I just don't get the appeal of the Noise and supposed hp increase which I've seen a ton of people on here say they don't even feel.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:37 AM
JK Super Freak

I run the AirRaid and love it. Was very easy to install and easy to maintain. Highly recommend it.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:51 AM
JK Freak

I've read just about every thread on this forum about CAI's and for the most part it seems to me that its 50/50, some love'm others hate them. If you plan on hitting the mud or going through a foot of water or more I would be very careful or just flat avoid those areas if you're gonna use a CAI. I'm skeptical as to whether or not you will gain much with a CAI alone but if you're thinking of getting an aftermarket exhaust along with it then you might be on to something. I ordered a True Flow XDI anyway, should be here this week. Most of the people on this forum who have the XDI seem to like them alot. Either way i'll let you know if its any good when I get it installed.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Augie
So.... which intake do you run? Why a waste of money? Most of the west coast peeps don't have the same terrain as you! Enlighten me please!
I run the stock intake. HP gains from a CAI are laughable at best, especially for the $3-400 it costs you. On top of that they are louder, and I'm of the opinion a loud intake is not a good thing so much as just annoying (it ain't a hotrod). Finally, most of the CAI are just open air, sucking in hot air from the engine compartment, and if you get into the water at all potentially an engine going "BOOM".

Put that cash towards a gear swap, the performance increase will be much more dramatic. I'm pretty sure I saw Northridge running a gear package for like $499 shipped with install kit.

Quick Reply: What is a good CAI for your JK?