Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What else do I NEED?

Old 04-30-2008, 06:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What else do I NEED?

I am preparing the JK for its first trip to Moab at the end of May. I have gotten a RC 2.5BB, Xenon narrow flares, 36x13.5/17 Iroks so far. I plan on Pro Comp 97 17x9 steel wheels (4.25" backspacing).

What else should I get? Keep in mind this is my first trip with the JK and I will take it fairly easy so I dont break....at least too badly.

Shocks? (rather than using the shock extenders?)
Different Bumpstops?
Brake lines or brackets?

I will fold or trim the pinch seam in the rear to clear the tires.

I will either get the Expediton One DX bumper or just cut the stock one and throw some tow hooks on it. I would like to get some sliders, but I want Shrock sliders and I procrastinated ordering them so they will never make it here in time.

What about spare tire? Will a bracket let me safely carry that 36" tire on the stock gate? Or should I just toss it in the back?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 04-30-2008, 06:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

I went to my first Jeep easter safari in March. If you don't have quick disconnects I would recommend those. Bring along tire deflaters to make it easier on you. Other then that you might just hit the trails, you will figure out what you need after that. Hilift jack, tow strap are pretty important unless you already have a winch.

Shrockworks rocksliders are great but you have to be patient, took 9 weeks before I got mine.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Have you considered the Rocky Road Super-sliders? They really look well made and are less expensive than Shockworks.

Quick Reply: What else do I NEED?