Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What else do i need for 2.5 lift and 295 70 17 tires

Old 10-04-2011, 09:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What else do i need for 2.5 lift and 295 70 17 tires

So i'm stock piling parts to get my lift and tires installed on my 2012 rubicon unlimited and i want to make sure i have everything i need for a smooth install and keep everything factory reliable and keep the factory fit and finish. So far i have:
-teraflex 2.5 coil lift with teraflex shocks
-5 x black rock 909 wheels
-5 x nitto trail grapplers 295 70 17
-TPMS sensors
-hubcentric rings
-lug nuts
-daystar spare bumpstops

is there anything i'm missing? any concerns as far as the larger spare fitting and popping welds or wearing out the hinges?
Old 10-04-2011, 09:12 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

it's not required but, an adjustable front track bar would be a nice addition to your setup to help recenter your front axle after the lift. otherwise, i think you have your bases covered
Old 10-04-2011, 09:16 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ray101381
So i'm stock piling parts to get my lift and tires installed on my 2012 rubicon unlimited and i want to make sure i have everything i need for a smooth install and keep everything factory reliable and keep the factory fit and finish. So far i have:
-teraflex 2.5 coil lift with teraflex shocks
-5 x black rock 909 wheels
-5 x nitto trail grapplers 295 70 17
-TPMS sensors
-hubcentric rings
-lug nuts
-daystar spare bumpstops

is there anything i'm missing? any concerns as far as the larger spare fitting and popping welds or wearing out the hinges?
You might want to consider front and rear adjustable track bars, front and rear extended bumpstops, and depending on the length of the shocks, extended brake lines.

From what I've hear you should be fine with the 295's on the stock tire carrier especially with the Daystar spare bumstops.

I have all of the above on mine, except I have OME HD springs and OME shocks. Good luck and post pics when done.

Old 10-05-2011, 03:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok so some more research and found the front drive shaft will hit the exhaust when the front axle is drooped more than 2.25 inches, so to combat this teraflex now has an exhaust spacer kit to move the cross pipe back to achieve over 5 inches before hitting the exhaust, so i ordered this directly from teraflex and will go on when my lift goes on. also when ahead and got a procal anyone have any ideas on proper alignment specs, i don't want any issues with the ESC. so here's what i'm thinking so far, loosen everything before putting the lift in and then torque everything down once it's on the ground, next re-center the steering wheel, and run the proper air pressure, i'm thinking 30psi to start and move from there doing the chalk test, anything else i should pay special attention to, to avoid potenial shakes and shimmies, and whatever else could go wrong.

Quick Reply: What else do i need for 2.5 lift and 295 70 17 tires