Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

what donor engine do I need?

Old 07-07-2014, 07:44 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jmatta33
the newer 5.7 and 6.4 both use the w5a580 auto trans in various vehicles. the same trans thats in the 3.6 unless im mistaken. im pretty sure i read that this transmission mates right up. would really like someone who knows for sure to respond. dont need opinions, "maybes", or "i think..." would really just like someone who knows for sure what engine i need and what transmission i need IF in fact i need a new one, which im almost certain i do not.
yep, Northridge in Colorado confirmed this with me some time ago.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeepstin12
in my searching, I have been informed by the guys at Northridge that the tranny in the jeep wrangler is the very same in the srt8. No trans swap necessary.
Learn something new everyday, however, the douchecunt that asked the question can kindly f**k off if he's so dissatisfied with the forum's answers or lack there of.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MrChuckles
Learn something new everyday, however, the douchecunt that asked the question can kindly f**k off if he's so dissatisfied with the forum's answers or lack there of.
^^^^ this
Old 07-08-2014, 12:01 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Doosh. Doosh Doosh Doosh. Doosh. Doosh Doosh.

I had nothing intelligent to add, just felt that I was falling behind in the Doosh count. Even spelled it wrong to throw a little more un-needed Doosh'ery into the thread.

Hope you at least got the answer you were looking for...
Old 07-08-2014, 06:40 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jmatta33
moderators feel free to delete this thread. it is a waste of time. ill find the information elsewhere.

http://youtu.be/hHrxWelLATE
Old 07-08-2014, 07:10 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Roryslife
haha... I've been reading Pirate for 2 years and have still yet to post a single thing. Those dudes are mad knowledgeable and scary.

OP... you may want to try the jeep forum that is associated with Pirate... I easily did a google and found info.

Google "6.4 VVT's are Ready to GO!!!"
agreed, when i need info usually there is one of the only places to get it, or from one or two members on here. i feel i have an ok knowledge, but id still say 80% of my posts are in the non hardocre section lol. some of those guys know there shit and will tell you you a raging idiot in a much nicer way if you post something dumb...i personally like it that way.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

you guys should be pee'd off at the douche bag running this country and not at each other......
Old 07-08-2014, 02:16 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by MrChuckles
i get it. But the way I see it, I've hated enough in my life. There's more important things to get this excited about. Anything on this or any forum isn't worth losing sleep over or missing a meal. I

Bumped knuckles and pounded ground more than I can recall or care to recall. Paid for a broken jaw once, a new set of teeth on another guy and had probation for a while, all due to my intolerance of stupid shit. There was a time that I wouldn't even argue. I felt if someone antagonized me to that point, I was throwing down and there was no room for yelling or smack talk.

Now, I live in Colorado, own a modded rig, healthy wife & daughter, great paying career, life is good, and a person has to try pretty hard to get under my skin. From there, I'm indifferent with many. Every one on here, at some point in their life, has said or done something that everyone else wouldn't like. Most of us, have done or said something stupid, ignorant and regretted it more than once. None of us are immune to being an asshole from time to time. It's part of growing up, maturing and becoming a better person. None of us are perfect. And all this, coming from a guy who does not identify with any religion. Just a desire to live better.

So, if anyone disagrees, I travel this country every week. Hit me up, I'll work ya into my schedule. we'll roll in the grass a bit, be done, shake hands and carry on. Like my uncle Giovanni use to say "if you're going to run your mouth like a man, you better be willing to back it up like a man". Corny and cliche, I know. But what I have learned is that most guys, back down when they realize you aren't playing anymore.

Drink a beer, do a shot, get laid, go to a strip club, damn boys, just enjoy your life. Isn't there enough shit going on in this world without having to dig at each other, in one of the few places we all have something in common?

Cheers!

Last edited by Jeepstin12; 07-08-2014 at 02:25 PM.
Old 07-08-2014, 02:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Contact Burnsville offroad in mn. They can surely answer any questions you may have.
Old 07-08-2014, 03:26 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Jeepstin12
i get it. But the way I see it, I've hated enough in my life. There's more important things to get this excited about. Anything on this or any forum isn't worth losing sleep over or missing a meal. I Bumped knuckles and pounded ground more than I can recall or care to recall. Paid for a broken jaw once, a new set of teeth on another guy and had probation for a while, all due to my intolerance of stupid shit. There was a time that I wouldn't even argue. I felt if someone antagonized me to that point, I was throwing down and there was no room for yelling or smack talk. Now, I live in Colorado, own a modded rig, healthy wife & daughter, great paying career, life is good, and a person has to try pretty hard to get under my skin. From there, I'm indifferent with many. Every one on here, at some point in their life, has said or done something that everyone else wouldn't like. Most of us, have done or said something stupid, ignorant and regretted it more than once. None of us are immune to being an asshole from time to time. It's part of growing up, maturing and becoming a better person. None of us are perfect. And all this, coming from a guy who does not identify with any religion. Just a desire to live better. So, if anyone disagrees, I travel this country every week. Hit me up, I'll work ya into my schedule. we'll roll in the grass a bit, be done, shake hands and carry on. Like my uncle Giovanni use to say "if you're going to run your mouth like a man, you better be willing to back it up like a man". Corny and cliche, I know. But what I have learned is that most guys, back down when they realize you aren't playing anymore. Drink a beer, do a shot, get laid, go to a strip club, damn boys, just enjoy your life. Isn't there enough shit going on in this world without having to dig at each other, in one of the few places we all have something in common? Cheers!
No in a saint all the time jeepstin. Lol. You come down to louisiana you let me know.

Quick Reply: what donor engine do I need?