Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

what donor engine do I need?

Old 07-07-2014, 04:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jmatta33
yes i did post on wayalife and the response i got from one person was that he didnt think i could use my transmission. same as one of the responses i got on here. but as you can see no one else has responded with random nonsenses. all the other threads ive started on that forum are done within a couple of posts. i ask, people answer. problem solved. problem staying solved. Rangers Lead The Way.
JMatta,

I just had this done. The WA580 is fine but you need Hemi flex plat & converter . Also I think they changed the input shaft as well. I went with a VVT crate engine for the emissions and computers to work out. It's a powerful fast engine, you will like it. I was Air force too…..in the Nam era.

I believe these are Grand Cherokee SRT8 engines. You can find good prices on E-Bay.

Last edited by scubatech; 07-07-2014 at 04:37 PM.
Old 07-07-2014, 04:53 PM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Hopefully nobody answers your question, you silly douchedick asshole.
Old 07-07-2014, 05:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guess I'm over compensating too when I fly into a hot LZ to pull hurt service members out or provide cover fire when ground troops are getting blasted.. on a side note, I was only following so I could get a good answer cuz I'm interested in the swap ...
Old 07-07-2014, 05:15 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MarineArmyJeeper
Guess I'm over compensating too when I fly into a hot LZ to pull hurt service members out or provide cover fire when ground troops are getting blasted.. on a side note, I was only following so I could get a good answer cuz I'm interested in the swap ...
I agreed at first that yea he could just get the answer to his question. I too get annoyed with all the responses I get sometimes also that have nothing to do with what I asked. But there is really no need to disrespect other service members because of their branch and and make fun of them because they are proud of their service and want to show it.

Last edited by DunnyBunny; 07-07-2014 at 05:24 PM.
Old 07-07-2014, 05:17 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Maertz
wait are you bashing pirate? i understand that waya site but am baffled by the pirate one...
Oh no, definitely not bashing Pirate. Just threw out a couple other forum options since apparently this one is terrible.
Old 07-07-2014, 05:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Being a former member of the US Army and Presidents Band I can prove I have ZERO combat experience and I have ZERO military decals or forum names. I'd rather keep the BORING 6 years of service a memory. Haha. That said, I have read that the Engine needs to be from a Grand Cherokee or Dodge Durango for the accessory drive hardware to work as well as for the transmission to be adaptable and the oil pan design to fit. The 6.2L from an SRT is a great choice. If you can find one cheap enough from a Dodge or Chrysler car then I think the cost of finding the correct accessory brackets and adapters for the trans might be cheaper. Maybe. But I have also read that when you BUY THE KIT it does have a VERY DETAILED list of the SPECIFIC part numbers from DCJR that will work. So... Buy the kit and get exact answers. Or speculate about buying the kit a get the answers that may, or may not, even be close.
Old 07-07-2014, 05:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Maertz
but one does not just "go to pirate".....
haha... I've been reading Pirate for 2 years and have still yet to post a single thing. Those dudes are mad knowledgeable and scary.

OP... you may want to try the jeep forum that is associated with Pirate... I easily did a google and found info.

Google "6.4 VVT's are Ready to GO!!!"
Old 07-07-2014, 07:19 PM
JK Freak

I agree with douche remark. Oh yeah another Air Force guy here!
Old 07-07-2014, 07:43 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think this turned into a military member check-in thread! AFROTC cadet here, I'll be full-fledged in a few more years. Oh no I've gone off topic, oops.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:44 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by MrChuckles
I could be wrong, but I'm sure you need a new transmission when you do a Hemi swap...
in my searching, I have been informed by the guys at Northridge that the tranny in the jeep wrangler is the very same in the srt8. No trans swap necessary.

Quick Reply: what donor engine do I need?