Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

what does a superchip do?

Old 04-07-2011, 07:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what does a superchip do?

I keep seeing thread about superchips. What does a superchip do for the Jeep and is it worth it?
Old 04-07-2011, 08:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

It made my engine sound like a 1976 Mercury Monarch. No, it was not worth it for me and I sent it back.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:27 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by skidad3
I keep seeing thread about superchips. What does a superchip do for the Jeep and is it worth it?
Did you actually read any of those threads? Or go out to Superchips website?

It has a lot of programming functions, including recalibrating for bigger tires and different gear ratios, and also allows you to change the tuning.

The majority of people have favorable reviews on it.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Makes it drive like a hummer

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2011, 08:54 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gives you options to alter the computer, such as turn off the TPMS light if you've removed the sensors, correct the speedometer for new larger tires, etc.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:14 AM
JK Freak

For me it just game more power... i actually left a message for superchips becasue i programmed it for my 33's but the speed is still off... very wierd and very annoying(anyone else experianced this problem btw?).

BUT the power it added is definitely noticable.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:46 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by MotiCross
i actually left a message for superchips becasue i programmed it for my 33's but the speed is still off... very wierd and very annoying(anyone else experianced this problem btw?).
Known issue. There was even a post on the forums on superchips website saying that the ProCal is much more accurate with speedo recalibration, and with the flashpaq, you have to experiment with the tire size until you find the 'incorrect' size that will get the speedo correct. Their answer? Let us know what you find out...

So yeah, play with the tire size until you get your speedo to read correct.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:51 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Known issue. There was even a post on the forums on superchips website saying that the ProCal is much more accurate with speedo recalibration, and with the flashpaq, you have to experiment with the tire size until you find the 'incorrect' size that will get the speedo correct. Their answer? Let us know what you find out...

So yeah, play with the tire size until you get your speedo to read correct.

Thanks for letting me know, i looked for it in the forums and couldnt find anything but i will let you know once i hear from them.
I have the speedo on my phone and thats how i found out at the first place, i will try to mess around and set it to the "incorrect" size and hope for good... lol

Thanks again.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MotiCross
Thanks for letting me know, i looked for it in the forums and couldnt find anything but i will let you know once i hear from them.
I have the speedo on my phone and thats how i found out at the first place, i will try to mess around and set it to the "incorrect" size and hope for good... lol

Thanks again.
I didn't recalibrate my speedo when I went to 33s and mine is pretty close to right on. Just curious, did you put your tire size as 33 inches or did you actually measure your tire height and put that in?
Old 04-07-2011, 11:12 AM
JK Super Freak

I am by no means savy when it comes to performance but not only are the speedo, gear ratio and tpms adjustments great but I gotta say that tow tune kicks ass. Im running 35s and use that tune with my stock 4:10s and have no desire to regear. My gas mileage has improved as well. An excelent piece of equipment. DO IT

Quick Reply: what does a superchip do?