Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What do you think guys of this lifting set up?

Old 01-03-2009, 08:24 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you think guys of this lifting set up?

Teraflex 2,5" budget boost + 5100 serie Bilstein shock absorbers?

I have a '07 Sport Unlimited and my local dealer uses this as the standard set up for a lift.

Your opinion?
Old 01-03-2009, 10:49 AM
JK Newbie

i have no experience with the bilsteins but the teraflex 2.5" bb is a great lift for the price. Their customer service is also top notch. IMO it really depends on what you plan on doing with your rig. If your goal is just to add bigger tires and gain some ground clearance then by all means go for it. However, if you find yourself wheeling far more than you expected (like i have) then you might want to save up for a bigger, better lift. If i had it to do over i would have went for a 3-4" suspension lift. The teraflex is good but it is a BB and you can only get so much out of it. Its better to get the lift you want the first time cause if you dont you wont be happy. Just my 2c.

Also, if your set on the 2.5" lift, you might want to look into the TF spring lift instead of the BB. I have heard great reviews about it. The Northridge guy can help you with your questions and he is a sponsor.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:04 AM
JK Super Freak

I was going to get the tf bb, I am glad that I decided to wait and got a complete 3 inch lift (really 4 inches) there is alot more room for the 35s!
Old 01-03-2009, 11:53 AM
JK Newbie

Thank for your answers.

I don't want to get into a serious lift (4"). I just want to get some ground clearance since I often scratch the underbody during the trails. I will keep my 245/75/16 tyres and won't go for bigger set up.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:33 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Paul le corre
Thank for your answers.

I don't want to get into a serious lift (4"). I just want to get some ground clearance since I often scratch the underbody during the trails. I will keep my 245/75/16 tyres and won't go for bigger set up.
to each his own but have you considered going will taller tires and keeping stock suspension? You will the ground clearance you mentioned and gain traction at the same time and it wont look as wierd as a lifted jeep with tiny tires. You could probably clear 33"s without a lift.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:10 AM
JK Newbie

No, my idea was to keep the stock tyre dimension with a 2,5" lift.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just my 2 cents, but if your only wanting a 2.5" lift why not go with the Rough Country Spring Lift? I just installed over the Holidays and couldn't be more pleased (too easy to DIY). Add to that, I got it during the sale and I'm even happier

Do yourself a favor and go with a spring lift vs spacers. The RC Kit comes with shocks as well and @ $350.00 it's still a pretty good deal.

I don't know how good the shocks you mentioned are but would they offset spacers versus springs? At some point, whether you add a new bumper(s) down the line or a winch - those stock springs are going to sag.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

go for a TF 3" and with a couple of control arm ads you'll be golden
Old 01-06-2009, 09:03 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the answers guys.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Paul le corre
Thank for your answers.

Why are you married to staying with the stock tires? Bigger rubber gives you more clearance below you axles and pumkins and also raises the frame rails higher off the ground. Any lift, whether BB or spring, will help the JK offroad but larger tires make a lot of difference too.

Quick Reply: What do you think guys of this lifting set up?