Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What to do with JK Rubicon OE Springs and Suspension?

Old 04-21-2010, 03:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do with JK Rubicon OE Springs and Suspension?

Question: We had our new 2010 JK Rubi springs and suspension upgraded and are wondering if it's worth taking the JK Rubi springs and suspension and upgrading our other 2008 stock JK X Unlimited with performance suspension. We saved the parts from the Rubi just in case. The other option is to sell the spare parts.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you don't want to store them for future use or going back to stock for any reason you can always put them up for sale here on the forum.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am not 100% but I think the only difference in the rubi shocks and springs to the X is how stiff they are, I do not believe they are much if any taller..
So, If you are going to put a lift kit on you're X, it may not be worth the trouble to put the rubi stuff on, but if you are leaving it stock, I guess it's you're call....
Old 04-21-2010, 11:41 AM
JK Junkie

Will certainly give a stiffer ride and will add a little lift as the springs are stiffer, but probably not more than 1". I added both to my Sahara and it made a pretty noticeable difference in the ride on road, but performed a little better off road, so was certainly worth the swap.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Check your spring part numbers. There's a thread on here that has a lot of good information regarding part numbers.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...32#post1627132

Basically I think the front run from ---13 to ---18, 18 being the tallest / stiffest. The rears run up to ---60. I swapped my 14 fronts and 54 rears with 16 fronts and 60 rears and got ~.75" up front and 1.25" in the rear (2-door). Also, the Rubicon shocks are much better than the flat black X shocks. The Sahara I think has the same shocks as the Rubi but they are gloss black. The Rubi and Sahara shocks are nitrogen and give a firmer ride which I presonally prefer.

Quick Reply: What to do with JK Rubicon OE Springs and Suspension?