Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

what do i need to re gear??

Old 02-17-2010, 10:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default what do i need to re gear??

i have a sahara auto, 3:73. i wanna get 35" tires so i need to add new gears. what do i need to buy, what brands do you recommend and how much willit cost??

thanks a bunch!!
Old 02-17-2010, 10:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rroberto
i have a sahara auto, 3:73. i wanna get 35" tires so i need to add new gears. what do i need to buy, what brands do you recommend and how much willit cost??

thanks a bunch!!
http://www.4lo.com/calc/geartable.htm

I'd go with yukon gears, and would also invest in overhaul kits for front and rear you might also need to buy both carrier bearing sets front and rear "Depending on who installs because the bearing cages bend easily deeming them unusable" also you might need new pinion bearings front and rear (See above note). I'd go with a 4.56 or at most a 4.88 if its your dd. and the Price range for everthing including install could easily get over 2k.

Quick Reply: what do i need to re gear??