Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What do I need to purchase for 3.5" lift kit for JKU?

Old 07-01-2016, 05:37 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Just to add another viewpoint to the draglink flip debate - I was a bit over 4" actual lift for several years with no steering correction. Stock components. Steep angles. No bumpsteer. When I finally got around to a raised bracket and flip, what I noticed was a smoother, less jarring ride. No change in handling.

One of the benefits noted for the CA drop brackets is that running the ca's at flatter angles prevents road shocks from travelling up those bars into the frame. I imagine that is the same thing I experienced with the flip - bumps and road imperfections were travelling up the steeply angled trackbar and draglink instead of being absorbed through the coils/shocks. (don't think I have ever read anyone else comment on that, so just a hypothesis...)
More then bumps traveling up the angled link to the body is the reduction in axle to body shift that happens when you hit a bump or lean in a corner. The steeper you links are the more of this shift you get. The flatter you can run any link in the suspension will reduce this axle to body shifting and will improve ride and handling. Off road it will make the suspension more predictable as you reduce weight shift.
Old 10-13-2016, 08:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ShutterBug
If you're going over 3" and you don't flip the drag link, you'll get bump steer
Not with the MC lift.

Quick Reply: What do I need to purchase for 3.5" lift kit for JKU?