Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What do I need to purchase for 3.5" lift kit for JKU?

Old 06-29-2016, 03:40 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rednroll
If you really want to get into the 3-4in lift under $1K, I would say your best bet would be going with the Zone Offroad 4in lift. It seems like a pretty complete kit. Others that have installed it have given it favoriable reviews for the $. - Coil springs designed to give a full 4" of lift while maintaining a factory style ride. Our coils are 2door/4door specific, so be sure to select the proper application. - A front adjustable track bar is included to properly center the front axle - Cam washers are included to correct front end alignment - Rear extended sway bar links are included. These links come with urethane bushings to increase performance and reduce body roll. - The factory rear links are then used in the front. - A rear track bar relocation system is included to perfectly center the axle under your JK - 2" bump stop extensions are included to protect your vehicle while still increasing wheel travel - Brake line relocation brackets are supplied to allow for the dramatic increase in wheel travel - New Zone front and rear shocks are included that are valved specifically for your JK It's $560 and then throw in a couple other items to top it off such as the exhaust spacers if you have a 2012+ ($42)
Ewwe

I would say
3.5 coils $200-$300
Geo brackets $100
Rear TB bracket $100
Front Superlift track bar $100
Front/rear swaybar links $150
Bump stops (hockey pucks $10$20)
Shocks Rancho 5000x 31/32 rebate ends soon $150 ($200 without rebate)

Right around $1000 give or take
Old 06-29-2016, 03:41 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by rednroll
he's not getting that for under $1k unless he comes and steals it off of your 2016 rubi. That starts at $4k.
lol !!!!!!!

Nice F-in JK though.
Old 06-29-2016, 05:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Complete? Hardly.

Cam washers are junk. No raised front track bar. No flipped drag link.

Yuk.

If you really want to get into the 3-4in lift under $1K, I would say your best bet would be going with the Zone Offroad 4in lift.

It seems like a pretty complete kit. Others that have installed it have given it favoriable reviews for the $.

- Coil springs designed to give a full 4" of lift while maintaining a factory style ride. Our coils are 2door/4door specific, so be sure to select the proper application.
- A front adjustable track bar is included to properly center the front axle
- Cam washers are included to correct front end alignment
- Rear extended sway bar links are included. These links come with urethane bushings to increase performance and reduce body roll. - The factory rear links are then used in the front.
- A rear track bar relocation system is included to perfectly center the axle under your JK
- 2" bump stop extensions are included to protect your vehicle while still increasing wheel travel
- Brake line relocation brackets are supplied to allow for the dramatic increase in wheel travel
- New Zone front and rear shocks are included that are valved specifically for your JK

It's $560 and then throw in a couple other items to top it off such as the exhaust spacers if you have a 2012+ ($42)
Old 06-29-2016, 07:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ShutterBug
Complete? Hardly. Cam washers are junk. No raised front track bar. No flipped drag link. Yuk.
You've "learned" everything you know from the Internet and hardly have much knowledge of these things. Not saying I disagree, but quit being such a snob.
Old 06-29-2016, 09:23 PM
Super Moderator

Received 208 Likes on 182 Posts

Complete? Hardly.

Cam washers are junk. No raised front track bar. No flipped drag link.

Yuk.
So you have a better suggestion for a 3-4in lift under $1K? Not my choice but it fits the bill what the OP is looking for and some of those components can be upgraded and still be within his budget. 5 stars on Amazon reviews from those who have actually purchased it. Not everyone can budget for a $3K-$4K RK or MC 3.5" lift.

No Raised front track bar, No flipped drag link. YUK $4K

Last edited by Rednroll; 06-29-2016 at 09:45 PM.
Old 06-30-2016, 06:52 AM
JK Super Freak

So you have a better suggestion for a 3-4in lift under $1K? Not my choice but it fits the bill what the OP is looking for and some of those components can be upgraded and still be within his budget. 5 stars on Amazon reviews from those who have actually purchased it. Not everyone can budget for a $3K-$4K RK or MC 3.5" lift.

If you're going over 3" and you don't flip the drag link, you'll get bump steer. Been there, done that.

My point was simple. It is NOT a complete kit. And that cam washers are junk.
Old 06-30-2016, 06:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Chuck-The-Ripper
You've "learned" everything you know from the Internet and hardly have much knowledge of these things. Not saying I disagree, but quit being such a snob.
lolz.
Old 07-01-2016, 05:09 AM
Super Moderator

Received 208 Likes on 182 Posts

If you're going over 3" and you don't flip the drag link, you'll get bump steer. Been there, done that.

My point was simple. It is NOT a complete kit. And that cam washers are junk.
So if they added a flip drag link and geo brackets instead of the cam bolts they would still be under $1K and then it would be a complete kit?

Last edited by Rednroll; 07-01-2016 at 05:34 AM.
Old 07-01-2016, 06:00 AM
JK Newbie

He's not getting that for under $1K unless he comes and steals it off of your 2016 Rubi. That starts at $4K.
The point being.... you get what you pay for in a lift kit just as in most any other item you purchase.
Old 07-01-2016, 06:22 AM
JK Newbie

Is there a difference between a "raised" front track bar and the track bar listed on item #11? It would seem odd to include a track bar that was insufficient on such a high-end kit.

BTW, the game changer 6 pack is $4k (yuk), whereas the gamechanger rocksport/ARB is a much better value at $2.4k-$2.7k... I'm not hearing a lot of complaints about these kits.

Quick Reply: What do I need to purchase for 3.5" lift kit for JKU?