Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What to do.

Old 03-09-2014, 03:55 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do.

I have always loved jeeps and when the made the 4 door jk I feel in love.My only problem is a tow a lot and have a 27 ft camper. I would love to get a 4 door jk and do a v8 conversion . I already have a dodge 2500 with a v8 5.7 hemi. I just was wondering after the conversion will I be able tow more and will it handle towing a 27 ft camper.What are some other things that I will have to change to get where I want to be. Thanks for any help I appreciate it.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:50 AM
JK Freak

That depends on a few things, the suspension will not handle a big tongue weight and the stock brakes will not stop it. I know all that depends on the weight of the trailer and they do make the newer ones lighter but that is a lot of trailer for even a modified JKU. I tow a lot as well and used an f250 diesel for all of that until I traded for my jeep. I have a 28 ft trailer and a 21 ft jet boat. I will use the jeep to tow the boat once in a while but the wife's expedition is now going to have to pull the trailer. But that's just my opinion.

Last edited by trouty33; 03-09-2014 at 06:27 AM.
Old 03-09-2014, 05:10 AM
JK Newbie

ya that's what I thought just want the best of both worlds towing and jeeping.

Quick Reply: What to do.