Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What to do...

Old 06-23-2013, 09:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do...

07 JKU 3" lift 35's.... Been trying to make up my mind on a doing coil over. My rig is a DD on weekends like to wheel, nothing too radical tho. I'm torn between just upgrading my springs and shocks, or going with a coil over. I like the possibilities of the coil overs and who out there has just the fronts only?? Do to my money tree not budding I will hafta do this one peice at a time!
Old 06-23-2013, 09:48 PM
JK Super Freak

The question is, what are you hoping to accomplish?
Old 06-23-2013, 10:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Better performance on/off road... More smooth soft ride on streets with the flexibility offroad. Best of both worlds I guess! I'm happy with my ride as is just curious about going to next level or upgrade shocks/coils with out relocating
Old 06-24-2013, 07:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jlfuksa
Better performance on/off road... More smooth soft ride on streets with the flexibility offroad. Best of both worlds I guess! I'm happy with my ride as is just curious about going to next level or upgrade shocks/coils with out relocating
Okay, that works what lift are you running now? I was running the RK 3.5" max and it was great. Very flexy on the trail and good street manners. Then I decided I wanted a better ride for washboard dirt roads, and more cool factor. I jumped right into the Evo bolt on front coil overs($2k and installed myself). Then I saved up for awhile more and added the EVO lever rear coil overs ($4k installed at NR4x4). The street ride is good, and I can zoom around on washboard roads at 40+ (as long as I air down). Is it perfect? No.... I'm still on the hunt to get what I'm looking for. So, my next step is EVO long arm upgrade kit (estimate $3k installed).
Had I known then, what I know now, I would have come out of the gate doing a long arm lift first! From what I understand, long arms provide a much smoother ride and great flex all by their lonesome. And, it's likely, I wouldn't have gone on a $13,000 journey to figure it out.
Moral of the story is that choosing coil overs is the start, not the finish....good luck with your rig and feel free to hit me up with any questions.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Damn man that's exactly what I'm talkin about! Thanks for the input! Ya gonna b pricey just gonna do it peice by peice!

Quick Reply: What to do...