Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What did your regear cost

Old 07-24-2020, 07:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where?

Originally Posted by D_engel
$1100 out the door for motive gear 4.88's, master overhaul and labor on my rubicon. One of the perks of living out west
Could you tell me where you got it for that price please? I live in phoenix.
Old 07-24-2020, 09:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

mine cost about $600 dollars. Just the cost of the 4.88 gears front and back and the bearing/shim kit from revolution gear and axle. I did the install myself
Old 07-24-2020, 01:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I spent around $700 bucks for the gear sets and master install kits. I also purchased crush sleeve eliminator kits and did the install myself. As @DKJEEP mentioned above, setting up gears isn't rocket science. It does require some knowledge, patience and the right tools to do it correctly. If you don't have the tools, or know someone that does, you'll likely be in the same ball park money wise buying everything you need as you would be paying a shop to do the install. If you only plan to do gears once, it may not be worth purchasing the tools.

There's a lot of benefit to knowing/learning how to work on your own rig. We all know a Jeep is never finished and a lot of us tend to go up in tire size after we tell ourselves we're happy with what we have. Bigger tires require deeper gears... again (I've installed gears on my own rig twice now, 4.56 for 35's and now I'm running 5.13 on 37's). Just something else to think about.

Quick Reply: What did your regear cost