Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

what determines the ride quality? Shock or Coil

Old 04-14-2010, 10:19 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by wolfmanii
Wayoflife, What coil does your OME kit use, light duty o heavy duty?

Thanks
the coils i'm using now are the heavy duty +40mm. these give you about 4" of lift but the drawback is that they are a little on the stiff side. loaded up with gear, my jeep drives pretty good but empty, it can feel a bit like a pick-up. not that big of a deal to me but, i thought i should be as descriptive as i can be. the old coils i had were the standard HD coils and they gave about 3" of lift. i personally liked them the most. the LT coils only give about 2" of lift but are by far the softest.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wayoflife
actually, i still am running an OME lift but i now have the taller coils. as far as additions go, yes, i installed front and rear jks adjustable track bars, adjustable northridge4x4 sway bar links in the rear and jks quick disconnects up front. now that i'm a bit taller, i have extended brake lines, OME long travel shocks and a coast 1310 front driveshaft.
Dude, I just bought your lift from Northridge (except with standard coils and shocks). The exact same parts. Installing it in a couple of weeks.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JKTex:

did you buy just the lift kit, or did you get the package deal that also gives you JKS front/rear track bar?
Old 04-15-2010, 06:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My OME HD lift rides close to my stock ride. I can't tell much difference. I needed the HD springs to get rid of the winch caused droop. I did need the JKS trackbars and longer sway bar connections in the back with the back links moved to the front. You will also need brake line extentsions.

I bought mine through Northridge 4x4 and received it in 2 days.

Quick Reply: what determines the ride quality? Shock or Coil