Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

what is the death wobble ?

Old 08-13-2008, 10:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks to everyone for all the advice im running the right ammount of psi in my tires and ive re checked all the nuts and bolts so my other option would be the alignment ill have to get that done this weekend
Old 08-13-2008, 10:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've had the same issue since I installed the RC 2.5" lift, it feels like a shimmy at certain speeds, then it's gone and back a few minutes later.
I notice the issue the most right after hitting a bump in the road or roughy spot in the road.... something causes it to start the shimmy effect.
Slow down a little and it calms down again..... it's not Death Wobble.
I had that with my TJ..... as everone has said before you'll crap your pants when that happens...
Old 08-17-2008, 09:21 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by HEFTY
I've had the same issue since I installed the RC 2.5" lift, it feels like a shimmy at certain speeds, then it's gone and back a few minutes later.
I notice the issue the most right after hitting a bump in the road or roughy spot in the road.... something causes it to start the shimmy effect.
Slow down a little and it calms down again..... it's not Death Wobble.
I had that with my TJ..... as everone has said before you'll crap your pants when that happens...
I had this happen today. Where i live the roads are concrete slabs. I hit bumpy section that almost feels like washboards when driving over it. I have hti sections like it before with the new lift and no problems. but today...

I hit it and the whole jeep was going nuts. I thought it was just a really bumpy section but it kept goind till i slowed way down then vanished. I could feel it moving the wheel, the whole jeep was bounching and moving left and right like crazy. happened in an intersection... i wasn't the only one scared

Im getting new tires and wheels tomorrow with an alignment to boot. So if it still happens just make sure the lift is all tight or what?
Old 08-17-2008, 09:42 PM
JK Freak

Had wobble between 40-50 mph, had tires balanced and no problems.

Quick Reply: what is the death wobble ?