Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What is the cost to re-gear both axles?

Old 03-02-2009, 11:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mkjeep
I'm getting gears installed( i have the gears) frt locker(buying from them), evo c- gussets welded, frt skids welded(have these also) for $1847, thats tax included, I think it's fair, being that they built 120 jk's last year in my area. I'm paying $1000 for labor on the gears. Rest is for the locker, welding c-gussets and skids, Bringin it in on the 9th, Gonna be without my baby for 4 days

thats the same place that quoted me 2200. great guys over there, but kinda far from me (st charles parish) and way too high on the price. i just dropped mine off to a shop in harahan (new orleans) and they are installing the gears and ARB's for 900. i mounted and wired up my compressor and switches myself, so that saved a few dollars.

what kinda locker did you get?

corey d

Last edited by STUPIDFACE; 03-02-2009 at 11:32 AM.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by roguejk
i cant remember but some guy on here in NJ had his front n rears done @ OK auto and they charged a shade over $2000 which was parts , labor, thats a hellofa lot of mula , it seems living on the east coast sucks again.... the west coast has all the great wheeling and all the great 4x4 shops.....trying to convince the wife to "GO WEST" but.......im gettin divorced!
$1700 for everything at OK4WD. Too much for me too spend right now.

Boots had his gears installed there, but he also had a few thousand dollars worth of other things done at the same time.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:02 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by roguejk
i cant remember but some guy on here in NJ had his front n rears done @ OK auto and they charged a shade over $2000 which was parts , labor, thats a hellofa lot of mula , it seems living on the east coast sucks again.... the west coast has all the great wheeling and all the great 4x4 shops.....trying to convince the wife to "GO WEST" but.......im gettin divorced!

That was me. That also included the tax, but, yeah, East Coast pricing sucks!

JD
Old 03-02-2009, 12:03 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by jd1066
That was me. That also included the tax, but, yeah, East Coast pricing sucks!

JD
my guy charges $175 per axle.

I just got gears, evo gussets and driveshafts installed for $500.00
Old 03-02-2009, 12:07 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
my guy charges $175 per axle.

I just got gears, evo gussets and driveshafts installed for $500.00
You have pictures of him humping the neighbors daughter you threatened to show his wife or something? Why he work so cheap?
Old 03-02-2009, 12:16 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
You have pictures of him humping the neighbors daughter you threatened to show his wife or something? Why he work so cheap?

He does the work on the side. Its not his main source of income. Around here theres really no offroad shops around. Most guys charge between $150 and $200 per axle. So its average.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:18 PM
JK Jedi

wow. I am moving there... btw, where do you live? lol
Old 03-02-2009, 12:23 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by STUPIDFACE
thats the same place that quoted me 2200. great guys over there, but kinda far from me (st charles parish) and way too high on the price. i just dropped mine off to a shop in harahan (new orleans) and they are installing the gears and ARB's for 900. i mounted and wired up my compressor and switches myself, so that saved a few dollars.

what kinda locker did you get?

corey d
Lock-Right non selectable, will probably get an ARB for the rear in the future, already got on-board air.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:58 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by STUPIDFACE
it wasnt long after thay said 2200 that they didnt see my stupid face. i spun around and they then gazed upon my stupid ass strolling out the door.....

corey d
Then, I would have to say that's makes you a not so stupid face. Good move.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:00 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mkjeep
I'm getting gears installed( i have the gears) frt locker(buying from them), evo c- gussets welded, frt skids welded(have these also) for $1847, thats tax included, I think it's fair, being that they built 120 jk's last year in my area. I'm paying $1000 for labor on the gears. Rest is for the locker, welding c-gussets and skids, Bringin it in on the 9th, Gonna be without my baby for 4 days
That's a pretty good deal. Your wife musta showed um some leg.......

Quick Reply: What is the cost to re-gear both axles?