Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

what can i use to paint suspension parts

Old 01-25-2009, 10:40 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default what can i use to paint suspension parts

suspension parts are already showing rust from scrapes and such. what would be recomended to take care of the rust and paint the parts. something heavy duty that will last a while. has anyone tried using herculiner on parts underneath the jeep? i have it inside and love it. any suggestions???
Old 01-26-2009, 12:01 AM
JK Newbie

Go with powder coat. its more expensive than paint but alot more durable, especialy for parts that will be moving/compressing.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:12 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

POR15 is probably your best bet. Remember though, that it does succomb to ultraviolet light, so you will need to top coat it. All you have to do is scrape off the loose rust and paint away. They sell a color called "chassis black" that matches viturally all of the semi gloss the factories have. Once applied correctly, you cannot chip it off with a hammer.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:49 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

x2 on the POR 15. I've used it on a lot of stuff and it is tough if applied following the instructions completely. I used some last summer and had a little left over so I painted my 8lb splitting maul with it. I have been splitting wood all winter and so far it's only worn off on the very edge! Check out their website. I think they even have a product that is used to paint bulldozer blades!
Old 01-26-2009, 10:04 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
POR15 is probably your best bet. Remember though, that it does succomb to ultraviolet light, so you will need to top coat it. All you have to do is scrape off the loose rust and paint away. They sell a color called "chassis black" that matches viturally all of the semi gloss the factories have. Once applied correctly, you cannot chip it off with a hammer.
appreciate it, i have seen that stuff in magazines, think i will give the por15 a try
Old 01-26-2009, 10:11 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Give the Eastwood Company a try. You can get it elsewhere....probably a little cheaper, but the Eastwood Company puts it together in kits that include a lot of extras others don't.

Quick Reply: what can i use to paint suspension parts