Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What can i use for my hardtop?

Old 03-11-2016, 04:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What can i use for my hardtop?

Painted the interior of my hardtop black this week. Hated the white, I used krylon fusion. When i finished putting the hardtop back on i noticed how faded the exterior part was. Now i want to do something for that part. Something that could last. Any suggestions?
Old 03-11-2016, 07:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think what would be really cool, instead of having to actually put paint on the plastic itself, you could try that "Wipe New" stuff they advertise on tv that is supposed to bring back faded plastic back to as if it were new. I believe it's nearly $20 for the bottle of wipes, maybe less. I would love to see how that turns out for sure.As far as paint though, i think the krylon fusion you used would be fine, maybe opt for some more luxurious paints, and take your time with taping, and make sure you take the tape off while the last coat is still wet so you dont pull of the dry paint. hope it goes well, keep us updated! i've been wanting to do the same.
Old 03-11-2016, 07:43 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I repaired a crack in mine a few years back and touched up one corner with rustoleum bedliner, which was a near perfect match.
Old 03-11-2016, 12:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pontiac31
I repaired a crack in mine a few years back and touched up one corner with rustoleum bedliner, which was a near perfect match.
how long has it lasted?

Quick Reply: What can i use for my hardtop?