Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What is the best lift for daily driving??

Old 11-04-2009, 11:45 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the answer basically is going to be personal opinions on how a jeep drives.

I thought my Fulltraction short arm kit rode great. I upgraded to Fulltraction Long arm and could not believe the difference on the highway, Curves bumps, dips, etc....

I've rode in other 2 door JK's with similar sizes lifts(which I wont mention) and thought it rode like a brick, people on here think the lift rides great and its the best one on the market. again,my opinion.

I then thought there was no way a JK on 40's would ride nice, until I rode in a Rockkrawler 5.5" long arm (Bruised on here). It still rides like a jeep and not as nice as my two door on 37's. But its on 40's! I'm sure if it was kicked down to 37's. It would feel like a car again.

Again, you'll get alot of personal opinions, everyone has different tastes, and what they think rides great, might not be what you think rides great.

Then you have to look at what tires someone is running, theres a big difference in ride quality between a A/T & M/T.

Last edited by Piginajeep; 11-04-2009 at 11:47 AM.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

So now I've been making a few phone calls and was almost dead set on the rock krawler and another very reputable installer said they wouldn't touch their lifts. I'm really confused now. They also said that the lift will not work with a hemi down the road. What is so bad about rock krawler? They seemed like their stuff was top notch for both daily driving and a weekend toy? I was told they do not use quality parts etc... Can someone please chime in?
Thanks,
Chris
Old 11-05-2009, 11:53 AM
JK Newbie

I visited rock Krawler shop to cheek out their stuff They where super nice drop what they where doing to show me around and how they did things. I was Mosley looking at their 3.5 mid arm. In my opinion they have good stuff. I did not go with them only because I didn't wont that much lift. I end up going with OME lt from Dave its a good fit with my 2dr and 33s. If I where you I would try to find other jeeps with lifts on and look at the lifts and see the parts for yourself. I know jeepers love to show off their stuff
Old 11-05-2009, 03:39 PM
JK Super Freak

They made some lower end stuff back in the 90's I think they're under new ownership now, but not sure. Their quality is Very Good now. As good as any I've seen. The installs are quite involved- a lot of welding. My installer did it for $500, I think, and said he wouldn't do another one for less than $1000, but it was a long arm, which is always more work. He said he had about 40 manhours on it. (2-3 people at once)

2 different Hemi installers told me that it wouldn't be a problem, but I only asked about the 5.7. One said he may have to reroute the exhaust, but that it wasn't a problem. I want a Hemi one day, so I'll find someone to make it work.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:59 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by desertdawg
The Nth degree lifts are the best riding and best quality components for the JK that I think money can buy, but just too damn expensive for most.

IMHO, I think Teraflex produces the best balance of quality, afford ability, and customer service in a lift. Thats why TF lifts are most frequently used on JKs.

Whatever you buy, you should stay away from Rough Country and Skyjacker lifts for your JK. Those who want reasons should use the search function to get plenty of info.
Originally Posted by Piginajeep
the answer basically is going to be personal opinions on how a jeep drives.

I thought my Fulltraction short arm kit rode great. I upgraded to Fulltraction Long arm and could not believe the difference on the highway, Curves bumps, dips, etc....

I've rode in other 2 door JK's with similar sizes lifts(which I wont mention) and thought it rode like a brick, people on here think the lift rides great and its the best one on the market. again,my opinion.

I then thought there was no way a JK on 40's would ride nice, until I rode in a Rockkrawler 5.5" long arm (Bruised on here). It still rides like a jeep and not as nice as my two door on 37's. But its on 40's! I'm sure if it was kicked down to 37's. It would feel like a car again.

Again, you'll get alot of personal opinions, everyone has different tastes, and what they think rides great, might not be what you think rides great.

Then you have to look at what tires someone is running, theres a big difference in ride quality between a A/T & M/T.
I agree with DesertDawg's opening comment for the way *I like* my Jeep to ride and that is where I put my money.

I also agree with Piginajeep because I have ridden several times a similar Full Traction equipped JK, but I didn't put my money there because of the reported issues with the FT bushings. The bushings are much critical to ride, handling and reliability than one would expect.

IMO, go ride a few JK with different kits (as in a group ride) and feel the difference. Then talk to the technical support guys or engineers if they are available at your preferred manufacturers and let them explain what differentiates their suspension kit. Their approaches too design, knowledge of suspensions and customer service can be worlds apart. Pick the one that satisfies your needs, your budget and your taste the best.

Freedom of choice. Choose wisely!
Old 11-06-2009, 04:41 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Roadking
So now I've been making a few phone calls and was almost dead set on the rock krawler and another very reputable installer said they wouldn't touch their lifts. I'm really confused now. They also said that the lift will not work with a hemi down the road. What is so bad about rock krawler? They seemed like their stuff was top notch for both daily driving and a weekend toy? I was told they do not use quality parts etc... Can someone please chime in?
Thanks,
Chris

not sure who told you that ?? but thats not true... rock krawler stuff is awesome very high quality parts... the shop probably dosent want to have to deal with all the welding for the install not sure but i am very happy with the rock krawler setup . no worries on quality.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Teraflex LA, 5.38 gears, superchip
Old 11-06-2009, 12:40 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by s1edneck700
AEV 4.5" sounds like the perfect lift for you.
AEV is way over priced... And there a several people that I know that run the Nth degree kits and neither would buy them again..
Old 11-06-2009, 06:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think it's going to be either a teraflex longarm or the rockkrawler long arm. A little more research to go. Thanks everyone for the advice so far.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default 2.5 bb

Originally Posted by Foo
Tera Flex BB!

Rides like stock, and lifts enough for 35's.

Yep those are 35's! , heck with some trimming 37's might just fit.

Did you get the BB with the shocks or adapters?

Quick Reply: What is the best lift for daily driving??