Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What is the best lift for daily driving??

Old 11-03-2009, 09:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd cast my vote for the OME. Ride is drastically improved over stock for highway. It's firm but soaks up bumps well and increased the on-road handling of my JK. With HD springs I got 3+ inches of lift and am running 35" tires w/out issue. The HD springs will help compensate for the increased weight of a Hemi down the road too.

For Phishjeep. Where are you in Williamsburg?
Old 11-03-2009, 12:18 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by seairland
Teraflex long arm
5.38's (due to you going with 37's)
Currie Anti rock front
ARB lockers front and rear
ARB compressor with on demand air (for when you deflate your tires)

That's my vote.

If I had to do my kit over, all I would change would be the SA to the LA. Which I plan to convert to in the future. (Teraflex has this as an option to go from SA to LA)
You need to read a little more before you post. He has a Rubicon.

He does not need the ARB lockers, ARB compessor, or Currie Anti-Rock quick disco system.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:00 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have almost 30,000 on my LA kit with 37's and 5:13's. 5:38's were not out when I did my gears. I would suggest 5:38's with 37's. I drive my JK about 40 miles min every day.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:27 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

I know that you want a lift kit, and that what you're probably really asking is how can you get better looks and still retain reasonable road manners. However, it's not what you asked in the title: "What is the best lift for daily driving??"

The answer to THAT question is going to be the stock height with the stock tires. It doesn't look the best, and it doesn't have the best off-road performance. But, it has been engineered to provide safe, efficient performance (think MPG and reliability) for your Jeep. No after-market company attempts to touch the stock performance in those categories. After-market lifts are designed for better off-road performance (and they are worth it), while sacrificing attributes that are desirable in daily driving. JMHO.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:47 PM
JK Junkie

Just installed the TF 4inch LA.....I love it.....super smooth, soaks up the bumps incredibly......I will be going to 37's when the 35's wear out....so probably next spring early summer......

Go with TF....and never look back....The quality is insane....since you have an auto, I would go with 538's......my brother has an unlimited rubi too with an auto, and wishes he went with the 538 over the 513.....me on the other hand have the 6 spd and 513's, and love it....

cheers
Old 11-03-2009, 03:58 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i love the rock krawler lift , plus awesome customer service... you would be very happy with the rock krawler performance on and off road
Old 11-03-2009, 04:46 PM
JK Super Freak

I think it's obvious that he is looking for the best daily driver that is lifted. So the lift is a given, and he wants the best daily driver. His question was fine.

Plus, Daily driver doesn't necessarily mean safe and most efficient. It may to you, but not necessarily to him. A desirable facet for many for daily driving is the smoothness of the ride, and Long Arms definitely outdo stock Jeeps in this respect.

Have fun, and go Phish!

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
I know that you want a lift kit, and that what you're probably really asking is how can you get better looks and still retain reasonable road manners. However, it's not what you asked in the title: "What is the best lift for daily driving??"

The answer to THAT question is going to be the stock height with the stock tires. It doesn't look the best, and it doesn't have the best off-road performance. But, it has been engineered to provide safe, efficient performance (think MPG and reliability) for your Jeep. No after-market company attempts to touch the stock performance in those categories. After-market lifts are designed for better off-road performance (and they are worth it), while sacrificing attributes that are desirable in daily driving. JMHO.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the TF 2.5 coil kit with OME shocks and it rides fabulous on the highway. I know it's lower than what you would need but I am very happy with Tereflex.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:16 PM
Foo
JK Enthusiast

Tera Flex BB!

Rides like stock, and lifts enough for 35's.

Yep those are 35's! , heck with some trimming 37's might just fit.

Old 11-04-2009, 02:58 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by racer83l
I thought all I needed was a small BB and id be set.. especially after reading posts about peoples opinions on BB's and how the JK's ride the same after the lift..
this a perfect post for myself, i am currently looking for a new lift too. I have a Rubicon Express BB(spacers and shocks front/rear) and I have to say, i installed the kit and the Jeep was absolutely no diffrent in handling etc. than it was OE; and it was ~2" higher.

But i want a proper lift kit...right now Im thinking Old Man EMu. Since I have a winch and bumper Im a little concerned with front end diving and sagging with time...does anyone have any input on this condition????

BTW mine is a daily driver.

Quick Reply: What is the best lift for daily driving??