Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What bedliner?

Old 08-21-2010, 05:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What bedliner?

Want to bedline the trunk area of my jeep.. And maybe the area under my doors ...all I can find is the herculiner one ..is this good enough ?does it last?.. Should I look for something else.. How much should I buy will a gallon be enough?

Thanks
Old 08-21-2010, 06:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default What bedliner?

I did monstaliner

Came with rollers covers brushed everything google it
Old 08-21-2010, 06:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

There are a bunch of threads on Herculiner if you use the search tool. I personally did Herculiner myself for the entire floor of the Jeep. 1 gallon will last for the whole thing. It's supposed to be able to do a 6 foot truck bed, so you'll have plenty. I've had mine on for over a year and I love it. Only thing that sux about it is that it has VERY strong fumes when you first apply it that will last about 2 weeks. Best time to do it is during a really hot day with high humidity to assist with the curing process...and no I'm not F'ing with you. Make sure you do it in a well ventilated area with your top off too. I did mine on a hot day, but it wasn't that humid outside for about another month or so. I would do it and then ride around as long as you can with the top off. If it rains...well...just open your windows up!

Long and short. I love it. Affordable, easy to do, and it really lasts
Old 08-21-2010, 07:07 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A lot of us have used UPOL spray liner with great results. If you have an air compressor it is an option. A different texture than heculiner or line-x. Bedliner is a great mod but several days work to do it right. I have bedliner and husky liners also. The carpet is now stored in my basement never to be installed again.
Old 08-21-2010, 09:59 AM
JK Super Freak

I did line x in the tub and in the tire well I used duraliner. Def the way to go
Old 08-21-2010, 03:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by VaNomad0530
Long and short. I love it. Affordable, easy to do, and it really lasts
Ditto that

I did mine last July in the carport, and the doors and windows were off for a few months afterward anyway. That stuff is tough!
With the $99 kit, i got 2 brushes, a stirrer, and a tray (forget the roller). It took a few hours to "dab" it on, but it covered the whole tub twice over, and the front wells 5 or 6 times.

PREP WORK IS KEY!!
..and disconnect your battery before to undo any seat wiring.
...or you could pay somebody else

Old 08-21-2010, 04:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am doing the herculiner tomorrow. All my seats are out now, and the inside is prepped. just need to do the final clean, tape and roll / dab it on

wilywillie, do you have any pictures of it re-assembled? How were the fumes after you did it?

Quick Reply: What bedliner?