Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What am I missing?? (lift)

Old 09-11-2013, 05:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What am I missing?? (lift)

I have a 2012 2dr sport 3.21 gears. This weekend I will be installing the following mods.

-35x12.5r15 Goodyear MTR w/kevlar
-15x8 Ultra wheel drifter -19mm offset (test fitted and clear calipers)
-2.5" rough country coil / shock lift
-AEV geometry correction bracket
-Teraflex exhaust spacer
-AEV procal

I will be trimming the pinch seam and removing the air dam.

This will be my DD and wheeling it when I can (trails, mud, probably not much rock crawling). I plan on eventually re-gearing but have read and heard from local JK group 3.21 is liveable for the time being. I also plan to C-gusset (probably not before wheeling).
I will be going on a wheeling trip with some local jeeps first weekend of October for my first time but will be sticking with the group doing the simpler trails to get used to having her offroad.

Question is what am I missing that I would absolutely get before hitting the trail?

Thanks
Old 09-11-2013, 05:21 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Denbag
I have a 2012 2dr sport 3.21 gears. This weekend I will be installing the following mods.

-35x12.5r15 Goodyear MTR w/kevlar
-15x8 Ultra wheel drifter -19mm offset (test fitted and clear calipers)
-AEV geometry correction bracket
-Teraflex exhaust spacer
-AEV procal

I will be trimming the pinch seam and removing the air dam.

This will be my DD and wheeling it when I can (trails, mud, probably not much rock crawling). I plan on eventually re-gearing but have read and heard from local JK group 3.21 is liveable for the time being. I also plan to C-gusset (probably not before wheeling).
I will be going on a wheeling trip with some local jeeps first weekend of October for my first time but will be sticking with the group doing the simpler trails to get used to having her offroad.

Question is what am I missing that I would absolutely get before hitting the trail?

Thanks
I'd c- gusset as soon as you can.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:23 AM
JK Forum Regional Rep

Some friends to help
Old 09-11-2013, 05:25 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

I have a 2012 2dr sport ...

Does that lift come with quick disconnects for the front sway bar? If not, you'd probably appreciate them. Even if you don't need to disco for articulation, you'll probably appreciate the bit smoother ride over washboard roads.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:36 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd throw a truss and c gussets on together. I have same setup and a six speed and it isn't that bad. I Just don't use 6th gear ever. But my 4:1 transfer case helps a ton offroad
Old 09-11-2013, 05:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

What are doing about the extra weight of the spare on the tailgate? The Goodyear MTR's are relatively light compared to some but eventually you'll put more stress on the tailgate hinges than they were designed for.

If you don't want to go with a separate tire carrier, the Teraflex HD hinge is a great alternative.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:40 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by brighton
What are doing about the extra weight of the spare on the tailgate? The Goodyear MTR's are relatively light compared to some but eventually you'll put more stress on the tailgate hinges than they were designed for.

If you don't want to go with a separate tire carrier, the Teraflex HD hinge is a great alternative.

I was looking at the smittybilt oversize tire carrier.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:42 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Does that lift come with quick disconnects for the front sway bar? If not, you'd probably appreciate them. Even if you don't need to disco for articulation, you'll probably appreciate the bit smoother ride over washboard roads.
It does not come with them. I was thinking about getting a set of the rough country ones, I built a set I seen on one of the DIY threads I will test them out and see if I'm pleased with them.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:43 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BubbaJK2012
I'd c- gusset as soon as you can.
I will try to get this done asap, I know it's cheap insurance that I should get on.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:48 AM
JK Junkie

I will try to get this done asap, I know it's cheap insurance that I should get on.
Friend with brand new Rubicon had bad factory unjoint blew out and has drivability issues now and we think when the u joint blew it bent housing slightly

Quick Reply: What am I missing?? (lift)