Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What am I missing?

Old 04-17-2017, 03:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rednroll
Just checking to make sure I have this right.

This is the lift you're talking about and its contents?
https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/c...on-kit-stage-1

It seems to me with 37's and that height, you would likely want replacement rear control arms to re-center your rear axle to avoid rub. Unless there's some brackets in that kit that I'm missing which extends the length of the rear control arms?

That seems like a lot of money for that lift where the only thing I'm seeing special are the coil-over shocks and a bunch of extension bracketry.
Trial and error i guess? I know a bunch of people with the kit and no issues. The only big complaint I have heard is they have to get heavier springs with stronger spring rates to accommodate for heavy bumpers and gear. I seriously appreciate your input! I now will have something to go off of if things are out of whack. I guess, I will get whats on the list and continue to build over time, it shouldn't take too long (for arms and brackets, and steering components).
Old 04-17-2017, 03:39 PM
JK Newbie

I'm going away for this week, but when I get back from Vaca I am going to call over to Northridge and Off-Road Evolution and see what others have run into with the kit as in other things they ended up needing to order. And then it's on! Keep an eye out for the build, not sure what forum to post that in yet, but I will figure it out.

Old 04-17-2017, 04:16 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

You have a lot of stuff for "trail riding" Most is total overkill, almost as retarded as mine. If you really are going to be looking at axles later don't bother with the bead locks and driveshafts as they are not going to work with tons. Throw a limiting strap at the front differential to protect the factory driveshaft. You will still get the side to side full shock use but just not the entire axle going to full droop where the ds hits the exhaust.
Old 04-17-2017, 04:49 PM
JK Newbie

I guess i say "trail riding" because i compare everything to MOAB. We have Uwharrie National Forest here and I hear some of it is pretty tough. I am looking forward to checking it out.

I used to work in a body shop many moons ago, and I guess I like to "go big" with the vehicles I have. I know i'ts overkill, but that's part of the fun right? haha I guess the goal is no matter where I take it, it will be able to handle it, even if it's just trail riding or crawling some rocks. I see many road trips to off road parks in the future.

I like the idea of the limiting straps. Everything here has been super helpful, things I haven't thought of before or have forgotten. Great stuff!!
Old 04-17-2017, 04:51 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

With 37's and "going to make it" should have some tons under it.
Old 04-17-2017, 05:01 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
With 37's and "going to make it" should have some tons under it.
Agreed.

Quick Reply: What am I missing?