Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

what am i looking for?

Old 10-04-2007, 05:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes it is a auto but it is just a Single Pop like the spring is poping seems to be coming from the front driverside.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:03 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Krypler
Yes it is a auto but it is just a Single Pop like the spring is poping seems to be coming from the front driverside.
A couple guesses....Front tire touching the air dam...mine did that. Or Front driveline boot contacting the transmission pan...mine did that too...
Old 10-04-2007, 06:25 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by sgmrock
A couple guesses....Front tire touching the air dam...mine did that. Or Front driveline boot contacting the transmission pan...mine did that too...
was yours jsut popping then you where turning like me ?
Old 10-04-2007, 06:31 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Krypler
Okay, a single pop when stopping or when making a turn is typically caused by something shifting due to it being loose. If you installed cam bolts as it seems that you have, I would double check them first. Also, when you say you check the torque settings on everything, I just wanted to verify that you are tightening the cam bolts to 125 ft. lbs. of torque with the weight of your Jeep on the ground, right?
Old 10-04-2007, 06:40 AM
JK Freak

Why not have someone stand outside your Jeep in your driveway and locate the problem area while you drive........
Old 10-04-2007, 06:48 AM
JK Newbie

It dosent to it all the time just everynow and then i think WOL is right something has to be shifting and just need to find out what.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:08 AM
JK Newbie

Ok guys update i Located them problem yesterday afternoon on the mount for the control arms there are two notches that stickout and the washer was on one of these notches and wasent inbetween them like on the pasenger side. so i lossen the D Bolts in the control arms and centered the wahser in the middle of the notches and tightend back to 125lb and no more popping. i guess enen though i was tight with that washer being on that notch it let the control arm still shift. But all better now Thanks for your help Hopfully this will help someone in the future.

Quick Reply: what am i looking for?