Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

what am i looking for?

Old 10-02-2007, 07:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what am i looking for?

ok guys I lifted my 07 jeep 4 door 4in with superlift. I am still running stock tires and wheels. What do i need to be looking for as problems? i dont really fell much difference in the jeep. Just it kinda sways alittle bit but isnt that expected in the lift? and this morning when i backed out of garage and hit my break there was a loud pop sound mike the spring was popping or something when it came to a stop. the ESP isnt going off or anthing. I have recentered my stering wheel so thats good. just what else do i need to look out for so i can get it fixed before i get the 35in tires and wheels put on? Just trying to get the kinks out before thanks in advance
Old 10-02-2007, 11:46 AM
JK Newbie

I am taking it no one knows what i need to look for?
Old 10-02-2007, 12:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'd check and make sure the sway you feel isnt from too little caster on the front angle which should be 5~7 degrees
Old 10-02-2007, 12:03 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

A loud popping sound when braking could be something shifting. Are you sure that you tightened everything to the appropriate torque settings?
Old 10-02-2007, 12:52 PM
JK Freak

yeah, i would just double check everything and make sure everything is tight. where abouts in dallas are you?
Old 10-02-2007, 01:55 PM
JK Freak

Id check the trac bar's, especially the rear re-location bracket..........
Old 10-02-2007, 06:15 PM
JK Newbie

i am near dallas actually greenville just east of dallas i will be re checking the specs on the bolts. I heard more poping today when i was moving slowly and turn the wheel trying to park and then again when i was backing out of the parking spot.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:33 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by Krypler
i am near dallas actually greenville just east of dallas i will be re checking the specs on the bolts. I heard more poping today when i was moving slowly and turn the wheel trying to park and then again when i was backing out of the parking spot.
Okay, are you still running the factory air dam? If so, your tire lugs are probably rubbing against them.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:39 AM
JK Newbie

ok guys i still have that popping sound even after i check the torque and i put on my 35s do you think i might be the spring still seating or does it ahve to do with the D bolts in the control arms? It only does t when im slowing doen or turning real slow.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:44 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by Krypler
ok guys i still have that popping sound even after i check the torque and i put on my 35s do you think i might be the spring still seating or does it ahve to do with the D bolts in the control arms? It only does t when im slowing doen or turning real slow.
Hmmmm, is it just like a "pop......... pop......... pop" or is it more like a "pop-pop-pop-pop" or just a single pop? Also, do you have an automatic? If so, have you checked to see how close your front drive shaft plastic boot is to the skid plate?

Quick Reply: what am i looking for?