Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What am I doing wrong? TF Quick Disconnects

Old 02-04-2012, 03:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What am I doing wrong? TF Quick Disconnects

After disconnecting, I am able to swing one side up and fit it into the pin on my body mount. Now when I go to do the same thing on the other side, I cant pull the link out and around the pin. I've tried to pull the sway bar to that side so I can get clearance but its real tight on the other side as well.

I'm sure it's something simple or dumb, but its killing me! Please help!

Picture taken with drivers side attached to upper disconnect pin, passenger side link will not pull any further to the left to fit over pin.
Click image for larger version

Name:	DISCOFIT.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	273981
Old 02-04-2012, 04:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like your front axle is off centered causing you problems with disconnecting and connecting.
Old 02-04-2012, 05:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jason0341
Looks like your front axle is off centered causing you problems with disconnecting and connecting.
I was thinking more of it seeming like I need a spacer somewhere... It just seems my sway bar is too long? or something?
Old 02-04-2012, 05:03 PM
JK Newbie

Default This is kind of off topic

Originally Posted by emiles1987
I was thinking more of it seeming like I need a spacer somewhere... It just seems my sway bar is too long? or something?
Hahaha sorry to interrupt guys but how do you start a new thread! I have such an important question
Old 02-04-2012, 05:35 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is your swaybar link installed correctly? They are slightly angled and possible it is flipped.
Old 02-04-2012, 05:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OH9JK
Is your swaybar link installed correctly? They are slightly angled and possible it is flipped.
Yeah, there's really only one way to install them. One end fits the width of the bolt and the other end fits the nub with the pin. I'm surprised no one else had this problem. Im just gonna drink and figure it out tomorrow morning. Cheers!
Old 02-04-2012, 05:40 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tysteggs

Hahaha sorry to interrupt guys but how do you start a new thread! I have such an important question
Just click the button for new thread on upper left...

OP, have you tried connecting/disconnecting on even ground? Even with quicker disco's this problem occurs if the ground is uneven..
Old 02-04-2012, 05:52 PM
JK Freak

Make sure you are on flat level ground. It makes connecting and disconnecting much easier.
Old 02-04-2012, 06:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by river2c
Make sure you are on flat level ground. It makes connecting and disconnecting much easier.
The car has been completely level
Old 02-04-2012, 06:18 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by emiles1987

Yeah, there's really only one way to install them. One end fits the width of the bolt and the other end fits the nub with the pin. I'm surprised no one else had this problem. Im just gonna drink and figure it out tomorrow morning. Cheers!
No, what he is saying is if you lay it flat the ends are angled. So it allows room to disconnect. Not a matter of top to bottom but rotate where it is bolted to the sway bar. If that isn't it ten either your axle is shifted or the Swaybar is shifted in the frame mount bushings.
Good luck.

Quick Reply: What am I doing wrong? TF Quick Disconnects