Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What all am I going to need?

Old 12-10-2008, 05:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Righetti
I just think it looks bad ass for it to be blacked out with a lift and 35s and 18's and the doors off!
Treat your self and your jeep to a little dirt. You don't want to just look bad ass, you need to know it's bad ass.

But if on road handling is what you want, Old Man Emu gives a very nice ride (Better than stock and wife approved). There might be a used one in the for sale section.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:07 AM
JK Freak

Im fairly new to the new 4 doors and such. My dads got a tj with the 4inch lift and so on and I'm wanting to go with the rough country 4 inch with my sahara. What all is going to be needed besides the kit am i going to have to make the brake lines longer? I read somewhere on here a few weeks ago about something over 3" you would need to. My jeep is just a DD and prob won't see much off road time more of a show off in town!! Im going with 35s also
If thats your reason the least expensive way to put 35's on it would be a 2" BB & 1" BL.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:13 AM
JK Newbie

Ok so as long as you buy a complete suspension lift kit the only other thing you have to do is buy a front drive shaft? I was looking at getting a teraflex four inch lift. I know ill need different gears as well but im just curious about whats required to safely run the four inch lift.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:27 PM
JK Newbie

ok so im looking at the Rough Country 2.5" lift kit 2007-2008 Jeep Wrangler JK

Part number-PERF678/679

Is this a complete kit or am i missing anything ebays got a pretty good deal on it but it looks like its just 4 springs and 4 2.2 shocks? For only 329.95$
Old 12-11-2008, 06:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

ok so im looking at the Rough Country 2.5" lift kit 2007-2008 Jeep Wrangler JK

Part number-PERF678/679

Is this a complete kit or am i missing anything ebays got a pretty good deal on it but it looks like its just 4 springs and 4 2.2 shocks? For only 329.95$
You don't need bumstops as they are integrated into the shocks! If you plan on flexing it offroad, you MIGHT need brakeline extensions, but Ben at RC can get those to you. Most of the guys running this lift haven't said anything about the need for trackbar relo's, but if you do, they have the rears there too. Just order it directly from Ben(he's the RC rep on here) and he can get you hooked up with everything you'll need, including their body lift! He seems like a great guy and their customer service is top notch! The ebay price is the same as their regular price. See if Ben can help you out with a price break on something when you talk to him!
Old 12-12-2008, 09:53 PM
JK Newbie

thanks jkbully and how do i get ahold of this ben guy im pretty much ready to get this thing jacked up!
Old 12-13-2008, 04:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

thanks jkbully and how do i get ahold of this ben guy im pretty much ready to get this thing jacked up!
No worries man! That's why we're all here, to help each other out! Ben's info is in his forum sig! Here it is: Rough Country Suspension
Call me if I can help in any way 866-430-0447
Thanks, Ben.

Good luck, and post up pics of the befores and afters, with measurements, when you get it installed!
Old 02-12-2009, 09:26 AM
JK Newbie

well here it is finally put on and got some cheap 33 for a hundred bucks but the lift and dual stabalizer is on! Thanks for all the help

Old 02-12-2009, 09:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

well here it is finally put on and got some cheap 33 for a hundred bucks but the lift and dual stabalizer is on! Thanks for all the help

Looks great! Did you end up going with the 2.5" or the 4"?

How's the ride and handling of it so far?
Old 02-12-2009, 09:21 PM
JK Newbie

Just went with the 2.5

Quick Reply: What all am I going to need?