Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What to add protection to first?

Old 01-02-2013, 07:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mpkelley20
Don't waste money on replacing perfectly good stock skids. They are actually very strong. All you need is a couple of smaller skids to protect oil pan and maybe evap. I don't understand why people spend $1000 on new skids without beating on their stock ones first.

As for sliders, if you need a step, the LOD sliders are awesome. Frame mounted and flat on top.
Couldn't agree more. Skidded my evap canister and oil pan. No scratches on either, but lots of security! I have LoD sliders as well! Awesome and they provide enough of a step if you are careful. They are adequate as a step though! My stock skids are doing their job. Will replace when they no longer function as intended! Good luck!
Old 01-02-2013, 08:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Skid row engine and tranny skid covers a huge area and I thought it was a good deal for the price. One piece of protection I couldn't imagine not having is the front crashbar skid. Definitely protects when climbing big ledges. I run the smitty stubby src but covers the crash bar and has protected my jeep many a time.

Quick Reply: What to add protection to first?