Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What 1st EVO Skid System or EVO Sliders??

Old 09-19-2012, 07:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What 1st EVO Skid System or EVO Sliders??

Did some minor crawling last weekend for the first time and love it. However did some minor damage as I have rocker "guards" NOT sliders. So they flexed into the body and left me with a few reminders.

Im going to do both but cant afford to buy both at the same time so Im trying to figure out which one to do first the sliders or skid system. I really try to keep the middle of my rig away from the big stuff so maybe the sliders should come first but then again sh!t happens and the middle has some important stuff.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks
Old 09-19-2012, 07:32 AM
JK Newbie

Go with a company that is cheaper cause they are both important. May be able to get them both quicker with a different company.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

If you have factory skids they'll last you a good long while, I have abused mine for the last 5+ years and the worse thing that's happened to 'em is some of the bolts are losing their manufacture shape hahahahahaha. Go with the Evo sliders and you won't be disappointed and you can save up for some aftermarket skids if you truly think you need 'em. Theirs my two cents, hope it helps
Old 09-19-2012, 07:45 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Factory skids work fine. Hands down go with the sliders. You wont be disappointed with evo sliders.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:49 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Jeeper1024
Go with a company that is cheaper cause they are both important. May be able to get them both quicker with a different company.
Yea... don't cheap out you'll end up buying twice like you already are with rocker protection. Buy the sliders first since there is a 2-3 week wait on them. Call northridge and see if they have the skid plates in stock. If not I'm not sure what the current lead time is on those, and I would order whichever had the longest lead time first. This way you get everything around the same time. I ordered the sliders like 2 weeks ago, cutting costs everywhere I can. Bare metal no rock skins. 565 delivered.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:53 AM
JK Junkie

I'm not sure where you normally wheel, but I've managed to beat the hell out of my evo skids and the factory ones in north jersey, new york, and PA. If you're a pine barrens guy I dunno what to tell you.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:10 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by Jeeper1024
seriously, thats some bad advice on rocker protection. Its the one area you should not go cheap on.

to the OP

If your covering up rocker damage, install the skins first. Its a little tricky to install them once the rockers are welded into place. However if you plan on wheeling before then, I would install the rocksliders first.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks everyone, I definitely dont want to go cheap out with this stuff and im pretty set on the EVO stuff. I really like thier products and ive heard nothing but good things about the quality.

The factory skids did their job as I have a pretty good dent in one.

I have been to the pines but since I went to Rausch thats where ill be doing most of my wheeling
Old 09-19-2012, 08:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chris@offroadevolution

seriously, thats some bad advice on rocker protection. Its the one area you should not go cheap on.

to the OP

If your covering up rocker damage, install the skins first. Its a little tricky to install them once the rockers are welded into place. However if you plan on wheeling before then, I would install the rocksliders first.
Thanks for the advice. I was wondering about the skins and being able to put them on after the sliders. Also now that I have some damage to the rocker panel will the skins still fit/fasten ok?
Old 09-19-2012, 08:16 AM
JK Junkie

What kind of damage did the rockers you have do to your jeep? Pinch seam dimples or something worse?

Quick Reply: What 1st EVO Skid System or EVO Sliders??