Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What 15in wheels work on JKU?

Old 02-18-2015, 10:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's a lot of information on this subject. Like stated above DTD has guaranteed wheels that fit and are a great company to work with. I ordered a set of Level 8 Trackers and have 35 KM2's. Only issues you will run into is adding an aftermarket tie rod. I added Synergy Tie Rod / Drag Link and had to grind the ends of the joint down to clear the wheel. Go for it!!
Old 02-18-2015, 11:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 15 MB Chaos wheels on my JK and they fit just fine. I may add that 15s can cause problems for other mods down the road though. For example, I just upgraded to a Synergy tie rod that rubs my wheels. You may also be restricted on brake upgrades down the road, if you so choose. Of course, these issues can be corrected with other mods/grinding. Just other things to consider...
Old 02-18-2015, 11:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On top of the variances across the sizes of OEM calipers, there's variances in fitment across the different wheel designs, too.

Typically, 15" aluminum wheels will fit just fine. That's because these are cast in 1-piece from a mold. Same measurements every time.

15" steel wheels will be hit or miss, because these are usually 2-piece designs. Since it's one part welded to another part, the tolerances aren't as tight as they would be in a 1-piece cast wheel. Even across the same exact model you might find 4 wheels fit without rubbing, but your matching spare does not.

Quick Reply: What 15in wheels work on JKU?