Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Wet Okole seat heaters?

Old 12-01-2011, 04:43 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No. Each seat has its own control box. There are two connections coming out of the control box. One goes to the lower seat, and one to the back rest. Each seat has its own complete separate wiring with its own control box. This makes it almost a necessity to hard wire them in somehow. Otherwise you will be using both of your power ports in the dash, and the wiring would get in the way......especially if its a stick shift.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ah I get it! I see you are the electronic engineer so you should figure out the hard wiring and post up the install do we can all copy

Thanks again for the pics
Old 12-01-2011, 06:05 PM
JK Freak

I would love to find a replacement control box that can be panel mounted, but that might be a bit of a stretch. I have a heated jacket liner that I use on my motorcycle that uses a nice panel mounted potentiometer setup to control it. It works great because you have infinite control of the heat level. It might be overkill for a heated seat, but it could be an easy option as long as they work the same way. I'll have to screw around with it this weekend and see what I can figure out.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:11 PM
JK Newbie

Default seat covers

I have a set of the black and grey ones and like them alot. They fit great and I had no problems putting them in. The heat works great and I dont mind leaving them plugged into the cigarette lighters. Im glad I have them because it getting colder. This was not a trick but you will have to tilt your head

Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-07-31 13.46.34.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	244201
Old 12-01-2011, 06:52 PM
JK Newbie

I'm planning on ordering a full set of these covers with heaters after bonuses come in this year.

Does the controller reset back to "off" after power is cut? Like if I get these hard wired to rockers, leave the rocker on, with the seat on low, and turn the ignition off, clearly the heaters shut off. But when I hit the remote start on the next chilly morning, will the heaters be on because I left the controller on low?

And this is certainly getting book marked for the rocker install!
Old 12-02-2011, 03:12 AM
JK Freak

When power is cut, the control box defaults back to OFF.

I decided to drive the Jeep to work this morning. Hour long commute and it was 26 degrees when I left the house. Left it on high for about 10 mins, and then switched to low for the rest of the ride. I think I'm in love.

Last edited by OoPEZoO; 12-02-2011 at 03:15 AM.
Old 12-02-2011, 04:28 AM
JK Newbie

Damn, that is almost a deal breaker. My commute to work is all of 10 minutes. I was really hoping to be able to hit the auto start and have nice toasty seats when I got in.
Old 12-02-2011, 04:33 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by itgbudeev
Damn, that is almost a deal breaker. My commute to work is all of 10 minutes. I was really hoping to be able to hit the auto start and have nice toasty seats when I got in.
Maybe the mopar kit for seat heaters would work better for you then... They aren't covers and you need to take seats apart to install but I think they uses regular switches that would prolly do what your asking.
Old 12-02-2011, 04:56 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BLK08JK
Maybe the mopar kit for seat heaters would work better for you then... They aren't covers and you need to take seats apart to install but I think they uses regular switches that would prolly do what your asking.
Very cool, going to check those out right now.

Quick Reply: Wet Okole seat heaters?