Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Wet Okole seat heaters?

Old 02-22-2011, 08:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wet Okole seat heaters?

Does anyone have the seat heaters that come with the Wet Okole seat covers? How well do they actually work? Has anyone attempted to hard-wire them to a switch?

I like that they are way cheaper than the other seat-heater sets out there, but wouldn't like having to plug them in every time I want to use them. I'd rather just push a button or flip a rocker-switch...
Old 02-22-2011, 08:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

I do not have them. Hardware ing to a switch would be a must. However, check warrenty statement first. I bet if you cut the factory plug it will void the warrenty. Good luck.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:18 PM
JK Freak

Bump! I too want to know if anyone's hard wired the heat in these. Anyone??
Old 11-30-2011, 07:22 PM
JK Freak

Found the answer myself

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...l-heated-seats
Old 12-01-2011, 04:07 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I might throw a monkey wrench into the works. I'm not sure how the old Wet Okole seat heaters were controled, but I'm assuming from that link that they used to be a simple ON/OFF. That is NOT the case any longer. I just got a set yesterday (paid $51 for them brand new open box off of Ebay ) and they now come with a small in line control box with a single LED that is lit any time the cord is plugged in, and a single button that allows you to cycle through OFF and 3 different heat settings (with 3 coresponding LEDs to show which setting you are on). I can take some pics tonight. You could still hard wire it, but you would either have to continue to use the control box or eliminate it and convert it over to simple ON/OFF.

After playing with it last night, I would NOT want a simple ON/OFF setup. When set on high, they get way too hot for extended use. I plan to cut off the cig lighter plug and splice on a SAE pigtail plug. Then I can hardwire matching SAE pigtails from under the dash and just plug the seat heaters in when I install the covers every winter. I'll probably end up velcroing the control boxes to the sides of the center console and run the wires underneath and out of sight. The covers don't match the interior colors of my Jeep, but for the $51 I couldn't pass them up.

As another note. I assumed the seat heaters would be perminently installed between layers of fabric inside the seat cover. This is not the case. They are installed into a sort of fabric sleeve almost like a pillow case, and then the sleeve if velcroed to the under side of the seat cover. This means two things. #1 you could easily remove the seat heaters any time you like. AND more importantly, #2 you could easily remove the seat heaters from the covers and instead perminently install them inside your seats if you wanted to. This might be a project for next summer, but thats what I'm thinking right now.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:00 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by OoPEZoO
I might throw a monkey wrench into the works. I'm not sure how the old Wet Okole seat heaters were controled, but I'm assuming from that link that they used to be a simple ON/OFF. That is NOT the case any longer. I just got a set yesterday (paid $51 for them brand new open box off of Ebay ) and they now come with a small in line control box with a single LED that is lit any time the cord is plugged in, and a single button that allows you to cycle through OFF and 3 different heat settings (with 3 coresponding LEDs to show which setting you are on). I can take some pics tonight. You could still hard wire it, but you would either have to continue to use the control box or eliminate it and convert it over to simple ON/OFF.

After playing with it last night, I would NOT want a simple ON/OFF setup. When set on high, they get way too hot for extended use. I plan to cut off the cig lighter plug and splice on a SAE pigtail plug. Then I can hardwire matching SAE pigtails from under the dash and just plug the seat heaters in when I install the covers every winter. I'll probably end up velcroing the control boxes to the sides of the center console and run the wires underneath and out of sight.
Very Interesting... thanks for the post. I'd like to see some pics if you don't mind... what the control box and wiring looks like. I'd like to figure out a way to hardwire if possible, I like your idea of SAE pigtails... but you'd still need a fuse right? I'm assuming you're talking about running directly to the battery or fuse box?
Old 12-01-2011, 10:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the wetokoleye with heater, they work great, they get very warm.. The only downfall is thAt they don't have a low setting and a high... You just plug them i'n and sworn them on!!! But they diffeny heat you up I love them
Old 12-01-2011, 10:38 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BLK08JK
Very Interesting... thanks for the post. I'd like to see some pics if you don't mind... what the control box and wiring looks like. I'd like to figure out a way to hardwire if possible, I like your idea of SAE pigtails... but you'd still need a fuse right? I'm assuming you're talking about running directly to the battery or fuse box?
No problem. The only complaint I ever heard about the Okole seat heaters (from other forum searches) was that people wanted more settings versus just ON/OFF. So it was a very pleasent suprise when I opened the box and found adjustable thermostats attached the cords. I installed the drivers side last night, but the passenger side is still sitting in the garage. I'll snap some pics of it tonight and post them up.

And, yes you would still want them fused. I have an aux fuse block with a built in relay that will be activated by a switched power source. I plan to install it behind the dash panel on the passenger side. I've had the wiring there for over a year already but never had the ambition to finish it. Maybe this will light the fire under my ass to get it done. Then they (along with my CB) will be powered from the aux block.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:31 PM
JK Freak

Here ya go

This is the lower seat cover. You can see the velcro pieces on the left and right that keep the heating pad in place. Plus the connector that attaches to the top cover/controller.

Here is a better look at the heating pad. You can see how it is just slid inside the black sleeve like a pillow case. You can pull the pad and wiring right out if you want.

Here is a look inside the top cover. Nice thing here is being able to reposition the heating pad to exactly where you want it.

Here is the control box with the cig lighter. Nice heavy duty connectors

Power applied to the cig lighter, seat heater OFF

Hit the button once

Hit the button twice

Hit the button three times

If you hit it a fourth time, it shuts off the heating element and goes back to the first pic. Can't wait to really give them a good try
Old 12-01-2011, 04:38 PM
JK Freak

That's great! Thanks for all the pics! So it seems that the heat its controlled for both seats at once, right?

Quick Reply: Wet Okole seat heaters?