Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Wet Okole Covers + Mopar Seat Heaters together?

Old 06-06-2008, 11:46 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The seat heaters were great this past winter. I just ordered a set of Wet Okoles with black sides, red in the middle, and red piping to go in my white Jeep. Hope their not too garish.
Old 03-20-2011, 07:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

rather than starting a new thread, have searched endlessly for an answer to this.

It's been asked many many many times but no one has answered.

How well do the seat heaters work when used with Seat Covers of any brand ?

seat heaters ontop of factory seat, or under the factory fabric.

thanks
Old 03-20-2011, 07:52 PM
JK Freak

My seat heaters are inside the factory seats. They're the Mopar kit. They work really well and really fast without the Wet Okole seat covers. With the seat covers, they do work, but take an extra few minutes to warm up. I can definitely tell they're there even when wearing a hoody or winter coat. Bottom line is that I'm glad I have them even with the seat covers.

A lower cost option that may work better or just as well as all the stacked layers I have may be the wet okole covers that have the seat heaters built in. I saw these at SEMA a few years back, but haven't had a chance to check them out in a vehicle. They plug into the lighter socket. (The Mopar ones use a fancy wire harness to plug into the same circuit but not occupy the actual lighter socket.)

-Glen
Old 03-21-2011, 05:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thank you so much for the reply. I already have seat heater pads, just been pretty lazy about putting them in. My YES factory seats are split and torn on the bolster from getting in and out. and wasn't sure if I should just replace the seats, or if the heaters work with seat covers just try it.

again thanks, at least I know there is some heat benefit.

Hmm seat covers with heater built in.. good idea, just cut off the cig lighter end and hard wire with a switch and fuse...presto.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

I don't know if this help but I have wet okoleys with the heated option and they get very hot so I know the material can take the heat.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:46 AM
JK Freak

You can kinda think of having the seat covers + YES seats + heaters like wearing a jacket + YES seats + heaters. The jacket is going to make it take longer for the heat to reach your skin just like having the seat covers would.

I called Wet Okole a few years back and they said no problem from a technical / safety perspective using their seat covers with the seat heaters. Just that it would take a bit longer to get warm.

I'm happy with this combination in my Jeep.

Although if Wet Okole had had the heated option when I ordered mine, I probably would have gone that route. A $68 option is quite a bit less expensive than what I paid for the Mopar kit + installation.

Quick Reply: Wet Okole Covers + Mopar Seat Heaters together?