Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

welllllll

Old 12-25-2011, 09:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default welllllll

Ok so was lookin underneath my Jeep just checking everything out and saw that my rear coil spring is coming into contact with the rear track bar and.all my springs are bowed?? Any reason as to why??? And it hasn't always been like that....I don't have adjustable control arms but I have a 4 inch superlift lift kit....says it all right there lol but do ya think adjustable control arms would help???
Old 12-25-2011, 09:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by samhardy2008
Ok so was lookin underneath my Jeep just checking everything out and saw that my rear coil spring is coming into contact with the rear track bar and.all my springs are bowed?? Any reason as to why??? And it hasn't always been like that....I don't have adjustable control arms but I have a 4 inch superlift lift kit....says it all right there lol but do ya think adjustable control arms would help???
imo ... Its a typical issue and one that I found that you really don’t need to worry too much about. There are fixes to straighten the coils, but not worth the price.
Old 12-26-2011, 12:32 AM
JK Freak

I would get some correction wedges (you can get them from RK) and you can use a hose camp as a spring retainer for some peace of mind. Both are cheap and easy.
Old 01-01-2012, 04:02 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

RK??? And hose clamps don't sound like a bad idea for peace of mind
Old 01-01-2012, 04:25 AM
JK Freak

RK??? And hose clamps don't sound like a bad idea for peace of mind
RK = Rock Krawler