Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Well. Made it to 16k miles before something happened to the jeep :-(

Old 10-05-2010, 09:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well. Made it to 16k miles before something happened to the jeep :-(

Today while driving around town it started to rain very hard, turned to hail. Completely peppered my hood and a/c condensor through the slats of the grille. To make matter worse in a feeble attempt to find cover under a steel awning the back end of my jeep got ass raped from the hail as it was coming sideways! WTF, so...now I have damage all over the jeep.

Any aftermarket condensors worth getting? I know my cut rate insurance will not put an oem one back in, so maybe I can have the body shop order an extra heavy duty one or something?
Old 10-06-2010, 04:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree. Jeep salvage yards will more than likely provide what you need - hood and all for a lot less than new. You might want to try to google "jeep salvage" or something like that. I am on the east coast and there is one in Four Oaks, North Carolina, named Eastern Automotive and one in Salem, Ohio named Davey's Jeeps. I have bought from both. There is also one in GA, but I don't know the name - they are everywhere though so be vigilant in your search.

Stacman

Quick Reply: Well. Made it to 16k miles before something happened to the jeep :-(