Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

well i cherry bombed it.

Old 05-21-2014, 04:57 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I did a more significant drive with it. Heres my rating. Scale 1-10

Loundness- 8
Quality- 7 (comes w/a paint covering. I added red paint to mine.)
Tone- 8 (very mellow low rumble especially at idle.)
Install- 7 (its a universal fit so some custom adapters and hangers are required.)
Drone level- 6 (at 2000rpms but this may very on how you hang and attach muffler.)
Price- 9 (very affordable under 60 bucks)

Notes: playing with tail pipe angle and length changes tone. My opinion and downward pipe pointed at ground helps cancel out any higher frequency tones that escape from muffler makeing more of a deeper tone.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone added a dual outlet muffler? If so what brand and where did you get it?
Old 05-21-2014, 07:26 PM
JK Freak

I tried the dual dynomax muffler(axle back) from 4wheelparts . The drone on my auto was horrible. I gave it to my friend who has a manual and it sound pretty good on his. Good tone while idle. I think it sounds good on manuals bc you have more control over the shift points.

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
Old 05-21-2014, 08:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The 3.8 has a good sound for a V6; it's an old school engine, before everything started sounding riced up like the 350z's of the mid 2000's. All that high compression, variable valve timing, aluminum stuff is great, but I miss the sound of a grunty 6-pot. Nice work there, and at quite a bargain too.
Old 05-22-2014, 02:06 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

might have to try to install one of these on my rig and try it. simple, more clearance, less weight. only thing is the drone. If I have a shop install it, they can make the mounts rubber to help with that.
Old 05-22-2014, 02:54 AM
JK Freak

I just cant justify spending 300 400 dollars on a muffler and some mid pipes imo. Cause you never know if your going to like it

Quick Reply: well i cherry bombed it.