Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Welding help needed

Old 12-03-2011, 09:38 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Welding help needed

So I am looking to get gussets welded on to my Cs. I've never welded before, so:

1) should I try to tackle this on my own or pay someone to do it?
2) i have access to a Lincoln Electric wire-feed welder, would this work?
3) is it preferred to do mig vs. tig welding on something like this? i am assuming different materials require different welder types?

Probably so many more questions that I should be asking but figured I would start with the easy one #1 :smile:
Old 12-03-2011, 09:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I work on cars for a living and have never welded in my life... and I would not take a welder to my jk and start welding..... I would pay someone to do it
Old 12-03-2011, 09:52 AM
JK Freak

Well crap, guess I added this to the wrong thread . Should have been in the fabrication thread. How do you delete posts or move them ?

Anyhow, did some additional research and seems like a mig welder would be just fine for what I need. And btw, I am planning on adding EVO's gussets fwiw.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:55 AM
JK Freak

Yep, figured as much, shouldn't do it myself. Probably would have been a very hard lesson learned. So the hunt begins...

Quick Reply: Welding help needed