Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Weld On LCA Skids

Old 04-01-2012, 03:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weld On LCA Skids

Ok, I'm sure this has been covered before, but I can't find a good thread on it.

I have a set of Front and rear LCA skids to weld on my 2012 Rubi and I am wondering if there are any issues welding on the axel as far as to much heat ect. Anyone who has done this can you do it all at once or do you need to do a little bit at a time and let it cool in between?

Sorry if this has been covered before,
Old 04-01-2012, 04:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's a write-up for the EVO front LCA skids: http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...trol-arm-skids

And here are some specific instructions from EVO: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...=1#post2041575

Neither mention anything about letting it cool between welds. (Of course, you'll want to disconnect the control arm from the axle side before welding. Don't want to melt the bushing.) The same is probably true for other brands of LCA skids. But you could contact the manufacturer if you have any doubts.

Last edited by mvymr; 04-01-2012 at 04:25 PM.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info, I have the EVO Skids.

Quick Reply: Weld On LCA Skids