Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Weird spring angle

Old 09-13-2012, 05:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird spring angle

I recently installed a RK 3.5 X factor. Runs beautiful and flex's like Macho Man (r.i.p). I was working on some stuff today and noticed the springs are really off looking. Are they supposed to be like this? Is this safe? The arms were measured to the length specified by RK. Any help would be awesome!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-473132159.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	365463

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3092722854.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	365464
Old 09-13-2012, 05:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah. The rear. The thick part of the spring spacers are facing the rear. I believe thats what it said to do.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:59 PM
JK Newbie

I have the exact same issue. When off roading I noticed that the rear right spring will rub on my rear tracbar at times. I had to adjust the tracbar slightly outward to stop it from hitting.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have a 4" teraflex and my rear coils looked like that. They were also hitting my track bar. I solved the issue by cutting off my lower perch and welded them back on the top of the axle. It took some time but worth it to me. Jks also sells some brackets that bolt on to correct this.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

I guess its normal. Just looks wrong/bad.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

My springs look exactly like yours. I installed the currie spring retainers top and bottom
just for peace of mind because it thought that it might pop out under full flex.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:41 PM
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mhare
I have a 4" teraflex and my rear coils looked like that. They were also hitting my track bar. I solved the issue by cutting off my lower perch and welded them back on the top of the axle. It took some time but worth it to me. Jks also sells some brackets that bolt on to correct this.
To those with terra flex springs if you look at the bottom. Coil wrap it is off center so rotate the spring like a cam it will move around. Rotate spring and watch it pull away from the rear track bar and sit straighter....

Quick Reply: Weird spring angle