Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Weird Soft Top Question

Old 07-20-2014, 11:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird Soft Top Question

Base model 2007 Wrangler X NO SUNRIDER

I just bought my first JK and had a question about the soft top removal. It isn't too bad to lay down, but I think I prefer to completely remove it by taking out the 4 torx screws from the brackets. The hardest part of this process, for me, is removing and reinstalling the windows.

Here is my question...

Do you guys think it would be possible to remove the softtop without removing the windows? In this method, you would just: undo the header latches, release all the hooks from the body lips, remove the torx screws from the brackets, and have a few people lift the entire top off and place it in a flat locations. (maybe on some stands or something)

Can anyone think of any issues I would have if I were to do this? This is to mainly keep from having to remove/replace the windows.

Thanks.
Old 07-20-2014, 04:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess it could work. But why would you waste all the time and hassle of doing all that when you can just remove the windows and fold it back. I know it's a pita right now, but it gets a lot easier the more you do. I can have my windows out and top folded down %100 is prob less than 1 min. It's pretty simple. And I can have it back up in under 3 min.

Quick Reply: Weird Soft Top Question